360 oiling issue

-

hwp

Reaction score
Hello all. Working on a rebuilt 360 that I put in a 72 Ply Val. used Royal purple brake in oil, and all seemed to do well. Used cheep oil filters, as I changed them often during the run in (Plan on useing Mopar filters after brake in). Car has sat for 2 weeks as I get everything together to put on the headers and new TTi system. Last night I pulled the oil filter off to test fit the pass side header, and found that there was very little oil in the filter. Sat it on the bench and took a sample of oil to send off for partical test. Installed the header and went to the bench. and noticed the filter was about half full. Now, I am useing the 90deg filter mount so I dont think the oil siphoned back. But could it. I will put a pressure guage on it this weekend and restart and check it out. Any Ideas. I dont see any blockage, and the rockers get so much oil that it will shoot out over the fenders when priming with a drill.

Sorry, "It Set" For 2 weeks. I am from the South. Yous nos how ignent we is.

Most cheap filters don't have an anti drain back valve so what you saw is normal.

JFYI: just cause it says Mopar on the filter don't mean it's good. Mopar gets it's filters from whoever gives them the best price that week. Go with Wix. Their quality is hard to beat.

Baldwin............. I'm serious...... Or hastings....

Wix is not the cats meow. Better than Fram sure, buuuuttttttt.......

Wix or Napa Gold (made by Wix) all the way.

Thanks for all the help. I feel better about it now. As for filters, I used the cheap ones and change them all the time. I also use Wix, But I like the Mopar filters also. Never had a problem with them. Have lost a motor (440) to a fram.

-
Back