371 build W/Big Mouth heads

-
I'm not a fan of 4 inch arms either. I'd rather have a 4.150 bore are a 3.700ish stroke.
Now if I could only afford (and now, more so find these days....) a small block that would take that bore size.
Well that would be awesome.

Good memory--in all honesty I doubt these heads will reach that. J.Rob
Got a link to that 371?
I did find the 360/dual plane W2 build that was pretty killer.
360 with W2 heads for sale
Somebody was asking about a build with that intake he just got from here. I can not remember the members name right now.

Last edited:
Stick, No article

That is what I wrote above --> "But Hot Rod Magazine screwed up the archive with their new website and the article is gone"

And btw.. how do you know my last name? :eek:
My nick around here and other places is 'Stixx' which was my vanity plate when I used to live in Portland. LOL

That is what I wrote above --> "But Hot Rod Magazine screwed up the archive with their new website and the article is gone"

And btw.. how do you know my last name? :eek:
My nick around here and other places is 'Stixx' which was my vanity plate when I used to live in Portland. LOL

As in PDX? The hood? Holy crap. If so, we've been down some of the same pavement.

Yep, as in PDX. Long time ago, but what a good time.

fremontbridge.jpg

Image taken in ...'95?

Last edited:
auto spell correction.....

Stixx =
Stick, still, stud, stiff, Styx on various spell correct lists.
LMAO!

Haha, now this thread goes seriously OT.

It almost flatters me that I am mistaken for one of your kind, sorta. But fact is I am german.
I had a stint working with a well known truck maker on Swan Island for a few years. That is what brought me to Portland.
Anybody knows Dick Pruitt Enterprises (in Milwaukie) or Lonnie Gilbertson Machine Shop? Used to go in and out there back then.

so hello from another guy from southern germany / franconia. Btw, i like this thread.....didn´t doubt that these heads can deliver big power....up til now. We´ll see soon.

@J. Rob: thanks for sharing all of this information.

Michael

Are you sure on the flow numbers.... MIKE at MRL is freshening up a stroker with big mouths and i asked what they flowed and i recall he said 314-315??? i guess i should of asked if he had them on a flow bench ....
Very strange that most builders can achieve 300 on a stage 3 cnc port job ...out of eddies ... who do you believe ?

Are you sure on the flow numbers.... MIKE at MRL is freshening up a stroker with big mouths and i asked what they flowed and i recall he said 314-315??? i guess i should of asked if he had them on a flow bench ....
Very strange that most builders can achieve 300 on a stage 3 cnc port job ...out of eddies ... who do you believe ?

I'm sure on MY flow numbers. In fact when I received them I unboxed them and felt the S.S. and I couldn't find it! I knew right then the heads wouldn't move any air with the S.S. murdered like that. However, flow numbers aside they still may make decent power. Until then.....J.Rob

Ramm...information like this makes me rethink my next purchase .... thanks for the info...

I'm sure on MY flow numbers. In fact when I received them I unboxed them and felt the S.S. and I couldn't find it! I knew right then the heads wouldn't move any air with the S.S. murdered like that. However, flow numbers aside they still may make decent power. Until then.....J.Rob
I Heard the same thing that RAMM told us about flow of Big Mounth. I've a friend that made his version of Big Mounth in his Edelbrock and when we flowed at flow bench the numbers was so close then RAMM said. Around [email protected]". This made I change my mind about Big Mounth.

STIXX, I have heard of those places. Were you here in the states long?

On the BM heads, I figure that if you got them in the first place, your attempting to move some air, not just a little. And/or spin the engine pretty good.

As allways, smaller the engine, the more rpm you will have to turn to effectively use the head. There is enough cc's in the head (on paper) to support a good bit of engine.

Has anyone got a chance to flow the BPE heads yet? I know they are doing a couple of Dyno tests with them but I never heard the outcome. Hopefully they Flow more than the bigmouth heads.

BPE... last I heard .. he was building an engine with his heads .. I also am waiting on results ...

Haha, now this thread goes seriously OT.

It almost flatters me that I am mistaken for one of your kind, sorta. But fact is I am german.
I had a stint working with a well known truck maker on Swan Island for a few years. That is what brought me to Portland.
Anybody knows Dick Pruitt Enterprises (in Milwaukie) or Lonnie Gilbertson Machine Shop? Used to go in and out there back then.

Hell yes I know Gilbertson machine! They did the driveline in my car. And I used to ride dirt bikes with Dan Gilberstson.

So yup, we did run up and down some of the same pavenmment. I also know people who work and who have worked at Freightliner. I used to work at WSI on Swan Island. Damn.

-
Back