383 2" headers

-
No the thread was for a B block, but the topic came up after the OP about the RB, but I think I can do it.

I live about an hour north of Orlando.

Thanks guys for the help though. When I called TTi they would not garuntee the fit with Torsoin bars for the 2" with the heads I have, but said it might work.

I think he was tryin to say that most those pics on that thread were about the RB swap.....and he was right. The thread was indeed about the B engines though. I think the poster posting the pics about the RB was just trying to show how much he had to beat the snot out of his headers, I guess.

TTI said the headers would more than likely bolt up but I would have problems because the pitman arm would hit. They also said the low deck block might require a different starter or mini starter to make it work. the pipe may be too tight arount the starter due to the block being slighlty narrower than a 440..

Let us know how it goes if you get the 2" TTI's.. Im in the same position you are with headers and it would be interesting to know what is required for them to fit a B motor A body with stock/440source/eddy heads.

I have a set of 2" cppa headers and have a pretty big dent to clear the pitman arm. Not a deal breaker just plan making adjustments. Mine is a 400 with 452 cast heads currently.

Spoke to Mad dog this afternoon, i think i am going to go with him. He will make me a set of 1-7/8 primary tube headers that should fit very well in the car. He is sending me some pics today as well.

Don't forget to share the pics, lol.

Do you know if they will fit power steering?

Mike

-
Back