383 into a 74 dart se

-

jro509

Reaction score
this is my first hot rod and want to put a big block in it. so i got a 383 and 727 to put into this car. i got new motor mounts and radiator. my question is will the transmission bolt up. i was told it will but just not sure.what manifolds do i need?and i will take ant sugestions thank you

I did a 383 into a '72 Valiant, and reused the stock 6 cylinder trans mount/crossmember. I even managed to reuse the stock column shift. I had the small log manifolds common in the late 60's land barges.

You will be good to go. Shumacher mounts and headers, 670 holley street Avenger, edelbrock performer 383, direct connection purple rv cam. Good for 370 hp and 420 torque at the back wheels.

Yes it will bolt right up as will the shifter, unless your car is a 6 banger.

All the exhaust manifolds aim the exhaust directly at the steering column. Grand Spaulding Dodge cut the magnum exhaust manifold and welded in a steel box to lower the exhaust pipe flange below the steering shaft.

Fenerwell headers ruin the front body strength when cutting the fenderwells. Recommend the TTI/CPPA chassis headers for the best fit and hp.

-
Back