383 vs 360 in an A 68 Cuda

-
That's why I love Big blocks! That instant brute torque!
I love'm too! 440 in my 69 Charger - love it! As we all know "There ain't no replacement for displacement." I first fell in love with a 440 in 1978 when I got my first ride in a 70 Coronet RT with one. It would lay 2 black marks of Polyglas GT as long as you wanted it to.

Fast forward to now....I built my 408 and omigosh, a Small Block can do THAT??? I had no clue. Every time I drive it, it puts a smile on my face.

Bottom line is build whatever you like, BB or SB, for the torque/power output you want.

I have a 440 in my 71 demon no. 7 header tube hits steering linkage no. 6 plug is a nightmare to change have edelbrock heads. what headers are you using?

I have a 440 in my 71 demon no. 7 header tube hits steering linkage no. 6 plug is a nightmare to change have edelbrock heads. what headers are you using?
Not sure who you are asking? My Demons have a 340 w/ cast manifolds and a 408 Small Block with Hooker Super Comp headers. The 408 plug access is very simple and wide open.

That is a very nice clean installation. Having driven a stroker big block cuda for years I understand they can be a handful.
First time I blipped the gas on my 451 65 "A" rolling into a left turn at an intersection, the end swung out and I just stayed on it to complete the 360 donut I the middle of the intersection. Glad it was a big one and the guy behind me saw me losing it so he just faded back and watched the show. Have me a thumbs up atbthe next light. I just shook my head and limped it the rest if the way. Lesson learned

-
Back