$4,000.00 paint job

-
I just made a list of what I need to prep a car for paint. This includes tape, masking paper, tac cloths,scotch brite, wax and grease remover, mixing cups sand paper and a gallon of 2K primer and activator. $600 in materials. No paint. No clear.

Yep, $4000.00 sounds like a screaming deal for nice work.

The 'Cuda ran me $9000.00....I am very happy with the result.

Attachments

• CudaMopowered01 (Medium).jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 459
$4,000 is okay. I just got mine back last week and it was a bit less than that. No rust wok needed. Very nice job.
DSC00162.jpg

Yep, $4000.00 sounds like a screaming deal for nice work.

The 'Cuda ran me $9000.00....I am very happy with the result.

That sounds about right for a nice paint job. Scary isnt it ?

This job came in around $10,000 but it was beautiful.

Attachments

• 2261.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 474
$4500 sandblast, prime, replace all 4 lower quarters, modify trans tunnel for overdrive, install hood scoop, paint, clear coat, wet sand. My friend owns the shop and I considered it a smokin deal.

Attachments

• 66 Cuda - 4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 448
  • 66 Cuda - 3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 451
  • 66 Cuda - 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 473
  • 66 Cuda - 1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 470
$4500 sandblast, prime, replace all 4 lower quarters, modify trans tunnel for overdrive, install hood scoop, paint, clear coat, wet sand. My friend owns the shop and I considered it a smokin deal.

I love that car. Hurry up and finish it already.

I love that car. Hurry up and finish it already.

Thanks. Motor is finished, suspension and axle finished, the transmission is going together now, working on interior and wiring. Won't be too long.

are they going to do the engine bay

I haven't asked that question. I painted the car last time, 17 years ago, and I was kin of shocked by the low price.

..you really should look at some of his clients cars
..having said that my paint cost about the same and as already stated is similar to factory with fine orange peel..and i am happy

I have visited this shop for awhile and have seen quite a few of his cars. They all look far better than anything I could do. He hand sands and buffs out all his jobs. He has rotisserie and all the equipment and will do frame off if you want to go that far. No orange peel.

Hello, Do you know if they are using a single stage or a base clear coat? I work at a automotive dealership with an autobody. I paid $2300 for the base/clearcoat and primer for two coats.(supplies only) This was for the complete car,Under panels, Rims and interior parts. Too say the least i was a little shocked as this was supposed to be an internal price.

I don't know about you but we are regulated to use the wonderful water based paints. I think we still use a solvent based clear.
It looks like i will have closer to $7000. in my paint and assembly with myself doing most of the grunt work. Nothing is inexpensive anymore. Jason

He uses Base/clearcoat, epoxy primer and all the right products. I agree with every comment, "It is a screaming deal.", in my opinion. Just want to make sure. The car I will be doing is the 67 vert in my avatar.

I mixed a gallon of glasurit 21 line (single stage now 22 line) today for my '78 Super Coupe, Probably $800 if you were to buy it in a store.

The Super Coupe would be a 7-10k job if I was doing it for a customer; disassemble car, have everything blasted except for the shell, repair minimal rust and lots of dents on every panel, prime/block ect... piant. Gonna start cutting everything in tomorrow.

$4K for a good job with quality paint...that is not a bad deal at all

Well, I really appreciate all the responses and I agree with all of you. He can't start till May and said he needs the car for a month. What should I look for or ask to stay out of trouble.

This will be the first time I have let somebody else paint a car for me. I just know that it would take me longer and I would have to seek help from folks better than me and I hate to beg. I tried to get him to do this piece meal, lower panels, hood, trunk,etc. and that is when he told me that he will remove all the parts and it would be difficult to do it one section at a time. I also checked paint prices and that ended up being about 1800-2000 in supplies alone. If I paid myself 20 bucks an hour that would be another 3-4k not to mention some pullers and other equip I would have to rent. The more I think about it I would be a fool not to go for it. If I can get a couple of pics of his work I will pot them.

I mixed a gallon of glasurit 21 line (single stage now 22 line) today for my '78 Super Coupe, Probably $800 if you were to buy it in a store.

The Super Coupe would be a 7-10k job if I was doing it for a customer; disassemble car, have everything blasted except for the shell, repair minimal rust and lots of dents on every panel, prime/block ect... piant. Gonna start cutting everything in tomorrow.

You should start a thread on the super coupe over at For FMJ bodies only.

I paid 700.00 for Imron Black metallic paint job and two full quarter panels on my Dart Sport in Avatar....Of course the year was 1984 when it was painted.....still the same paint....starting to show its age....Guess I won't get a deal like this anymore....

$4000 is a smoking deal for all that work. It's not just paint, it's body work. That is what takes so long and so much money. If you can get the car in perfect shape and put a paint job on for $4000, I need to know where, because I'll be in line right behind you.

b9740 k chromabase
gm
code 334 d
dark toreader red

bought a half pint yesterday.
$68.00

Make sure that they use base/clear primer. Regular laquer primer will ruin the pain job.

I just made a list of what I need to prep a car for paint. This includes tape, masking paper, tac cloths,scotch brite, wax and grease remover, mixing cups sand paper and a gallon of 2K primer and activator. $600 in materials. No paint. No clear.

I'll bet Picasso didn't paint with a twig. This is going to be cool!

BTW, I have filters - I don't recall the micron level (forgot the right term), but I'll check it out tonight.

I paid $4000 cash for this. It was a silver car to begin with so they did everything that was the original silver.

Attachments

• DSC09124 (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC02205 (Medium).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC_0410 (Medium).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 376
-
Back