4 bbl carb,accelerator cable

-

cudafish65

Reaction score
Just converted my 65 barracuda 2bbl 273 to a 4bbl edelbrock. Does anyone have any idea what to do with the accelerator cable when converting. It seems to go the opposite direction of the carb

picture please...is your carb on backwards? also you may need a longer cable they sell on Ebay for a ridiculous price.
Also you need to lengthen the cable mounts to clear the higher parts of the intake tubes... again just guessing as a picture is worth a thousand words.
Joe

I could be wrong but doesn't edelbrock offer adapters for the various applications?

I could be wrong but doesn't edelbrock offer adapters for the various applications?
They do offer adapters but typically for a Ford or Chevrolet. I dont ever think I have seen a Chrysler application. If they now have one then I am amazed.

Just converted my 65 barracuda 2bbl 273 to a 4bbl edelbrock. Does anyone have any idea what to do with the accelerator cable when converting. It seems to go the opposite direction of the carb

Not sure what you mean by "goes in the opposite direction". Both carbs require the cable to pull the throttle blades open. What you have to do is relocate the clamp bracket to compensate for the 4bbl carb being wider than the 2bbl. If you search, I believe you will find there is a 4bbl throttle bracket that was used on the Commando (4bbl factory) engines, or, someone posted that the 2 barrel one can be modified to work with the 4 bbl carb. You are also going to need the 4 barrel throttle lever conversion/extension bracket that restores proper throttle and kickdown geometry.

Holley MoparThrottleAdapter.jpg

View attachment 1715017678

Holley MoparThrottleAdapter-H22A4.jpg

-
Back