4 link triangulated rear suspensions

-

Mad

64 Dart 340 engine 727 trans 8.75 rear end
Reaction score
does anybody know if there is a difference between a 64 Dart and a 67 Dart frame and chassis

There are differences, especially in the front. The rear frame rails are basically the same for all model years.

There are differences, especially in the front. The rear frame rails are basically the same for all model years.
I want to change the leaf springs to a 4 link triangular suspension the kit I'm Interested in is made for a 67 I just want to make sure I don't have to make any magor modifications to install this kit

I want to change the leaf springs to a 4 link triangular suspension the kit I'm Interested in is made for a 67 I just want to make sure I don't have to make any magor modifications to install this kit
Your best bet is to call that manufacturer, provide them with measurements from your car, (frame rail width, axle centerline etc, assuming they don't have it already) amd see just how close their kit is. You're gonna have to measure anyway, may as well have those numbers to start with

Your best bet is to call that manufacturer, provide them with measurements from your car, (frame rail width, axle centerline etc, assuming they don't have it already) amd see just how close their kit is. You're gonna have to measure anyway, may as well have those numbers to start with
I have some measurements I was going to call anyway before I ordered. thanks for the help

I have some measurements I was going to call anyway before I ordered. thanks for the help
Somewhere on this forum is a diagram of a 67 chassis with all the measurements. I'll see if I can find it for you

you will find sheet metal differences....but the front and rear mounting points for the leaf springs are interchangeable.....which should put the cruicial suspension points identical.

When we picked up a 66 A body shell.....we slid a complete 7-1/4 rear assembly out of a 1970 Duster including springs w/the front /rear hangers under and it bolted up like it came frome the factory with it......same width also. Took about 5 minutes to have it rolling.

Good luck with the project,
Denny

Last edited:
-
Back