4 spd with bucket seat and no center console.

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
I was wondering if my 68 barracuda will look weird with a 4spd, bucket seats, and no center console. I have two opinions on this any advice?

alot of cars don't have consoles.....what's weird about that?? My 67 R/T....69 Bee and My current Demon....all 4 speeds...no console

I went to the hot august night car show, and I saw that a lot of A and B bodies had consoles pin them.
I had two different opinions on it, and its good to know that many people actually like the no console look. I guess I will keep it the way it is. Thanks guys.

I like the A-body console actually. But I don't think they look "weird" without them either. Maybe its just because my GT cars have them. It does give you a place to hide an iPod, you can run the dock from the stereo in the dash or glove box into the console compartment for a cleaner look.

If you think the A-body console rattles, try an E-body console! The one in my Challenger was always making a ton of noise. Plus it was just cheap plastic really, so it was cracked and always getting broken. The A-body consoles are a lot sturdier.

I ran a 4 spd Duster with no console without any problem. Like was said, not all cars came with consoles and not all people like consoles. I think the original consoles look old and dated.

When I switch my Dart over to 4 spd, I'll probably build a console so I'll have a place to put my drink when I'm rowing the gears!!!

My uncle had a 70 Challenger SE 4speed no console and I 73 Duster 4speed no console

It will look like a 4 speed with no console.

My car had no console and I really wanted one so I made one.

I've made a few of these for members here and on other forums.

198.jpg

I was planning on building my own center console for the "hold a drink" feature and to stuff small items into when on a long road trip or if pockets get too full.

..i'm with the no console camp.
..not a fan of hi back buckets either.
..prefer a bench but i could live with lo back buckets with headrests.

My 69 Barracuda, Buckets with no console.

Attachments

• 100_0447 (600 x 400).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 215
..i'm with the no console camp.
..not a fan of hi back buckets either.
..prefer a bench but i could live with lo back buckets with headrests.

I got high back buckets because the low backs were just not comfortable for me, and I like the idea of of always having a seat behind your head in case someone plows you from behind.
I got hit twice from behind and miffed up my neck pretty bad.

The high back seats are super comfy compared to my stock seats.....not for everyone though.
The only draw back is you lose some visibility when looking over your right shoulder.

-
Back