4 speed action in the dart w/vids

-

68 HEMI GTS

Reaction score
well finally made it out to the track with the stick in the car. track was super greasey and the air temp was in the 90's. ran the car with the exhaust on, 60fts ranged in the 1.60-1.65 range spinning like mad
finger020.gif
took a few passes to get use to, first pass 11:00, 2nd pass 10:90, and the last full pass i put on the car i squeeked a 10:85 out of it. ran slightly over 128mph every pass. got a few bugs to work out, hopefully next time out she'll hook, and i'll probably run it un-capped while im at it. all in all it was a good day, nothing broke!!
Thmsup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEMag8OJs_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGdFvMnsqU

So what 4spd are you running? I though I saw a thread of you running a Jerico?? Could be wrong, anyway... Whats with the loud "bang" when you grab a gear?

Boy I think you're ready for Mopar day at Milan. I'm hoping to be there do you plan on going? Car sounds great. Jayson

awesome vids man! that car is badass! and with the 4 speed even more! nice shifting too! im adding those to my youtube favs pronto

Thanks alot for the positive comments guys!! it was a big decision to put the stick in after having a great working torque flight. my origional goal was to have an all motor 10sec stick shift street car, think im there. now if i can get it to hook maybee she'll do some good wheelies :cheers:

So what 4spd are you running? I though I saw a thread of you running a Jerico?? Could be wrong, anyway... Whats with the loud "bang" when you grab a gear?

still running a hemi 4 speed, its proshifted so thats why it makes the loud crunching sound. its makes the same sound shifting it on the street too :shock:
im planning on running it till it brakes, maybee by then i'll be saved up for that jerico.

Boy I think you're ready for Mopar day at Milan. I'm hoping to be there do you plan on going? Car sounds great. Jayson

i'm definatly planning on going, should be a good time!!! hopefully you make it out, we'll have to meet up and drink a beer.

awesome vids man! that car is badass! and with the 4 speed even more! nice shifting too! im adding those to my youtube favs pronto

thanks alot mshred. add me as a friend while your at it. :-D

Nice job shifting! I use to run a 4-speed back in the 80's at Famoso in Bakersfield, California. It's a lot more fun than the auto's most everyone runs now (including me.)

Man 68 HEMI GTS, You have a beautiful BaddAzz car! You say it's a street car? Pump gas? I love the rear wheel well openings!! I wish I had the talent to do that to mine when I built it. Are they grafted from Duster/Demon sheet metal?

Thats great I love seing other 4 gear stuff. I have a 71 Scamp small block 4 spd Liberty Pro shifted,I have been running a 360 eng W- 410 HP to rear wheels best ET 11.50 119 mph. I decides to spray it with a 150 shot of NOS I could not hook, got 4 passes and put a piston through the side of the block I got worse 60 foots best pass 11.0 @ 123 mph.
Anyway long story short of it I am building a R3 Engine Ryan from Shady dels has built my top end, on papper it should produce over 600 HP to rear wheels and as much as a 250 shot of NOS Q. what should a guy use for a flywheel and clutch. Q. what do you think it will run for an ET.

Thats great I love seing other 4 gear stuff. I have a 71 Scamp small block 4 spd Liberty Pro shifted,I have been running a 360 eng W- 410 HP to rear wheels best ET 11.50 119 mph. I decides to spray it with a 150 shot of NOS I could not hook, got 4 passes and put a piston through the side of the block I got worse 60 foots best pass 11.0 @ 123 mph.
Anyway long story short of it I am building a R3 Engine Ryan from Shady dels has built my top end, on papper it should produce over 600 HP to rear wheels and as much as a 250 shot of NOS Q. what should a guy use for a flywheel and clutch. Q. what do you think it will run for an ET.

is it an 18 spline or 23 spline 4 gear you are using? also, pics of this badass scamp would be much loved around here :toothy10:

Man 68 HEMI GTS, You have a beautiful BaddAzz car! You say it's a street car? Pump gas? I love the rear wheel well openings!! I wish I had the talent to do that to mine when I built it. Are they grafted from Duster/Demon sheet metal?

Thanks man!! its a street car, i get in it and drive it on 100 mile round trips without a second thought. the wheel lips are actually cut from duster front fenders, my dad did that back in the 70's.

7.jpg

16.jpg

oct09.jpg

-
Back