400 bucks for a font end kit!!!!

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Wow every month i swear the prices go up 100$!!!! i almost had enough to buy 1 and they bumped up to 400$ this is sure getting rediculous damn price bumps and gas and polotics! all can go to hell grrr

Man, let it out! Don't hold back - say what you really think.

I feel your pain. I'm dumping about $100.00 / day in my company P/U's. Comes right out of the profit column.

Bad thing is, im 16 how the hell am i supposed 2 get all this money and still love mopars? it can be done but with time and im all mopar til the day i die! no matter what happens ill still drive a mopar!

But.... $400 for the safety & security knowing that your not going to lose a balljoint or tie-rod is priceless. WAAAAAY back when I first started my project, before I dropped in an engine, I rebuilt the ENTIRE suspension, steering, and brake systems in my car. And I mean EVERYTHING! Torsion bars, springs, gas shocks, calipers, wheel cylinders, etc... PLUS a complete PolyGraphite kit, which if I remember correctly, was about $350 or so back in `01. I just installed a complete PST poly kit in my `74 Dart and it cost me (with a set of KYB gas shocks...) about $480.

No sense in spending to make it go if it's not gonna stop or steer, is it now? 8)

Yes your right but every time i save up enough $ it always goes up in price i wouldnt mind to spend it but the price escalates every time i try and buy it i think it isnt the time to buy anything with polotics they way they are and recession. DAMN POLOTICS SCREWEIN WITH MOPARS!

Yes your right but every time i save up enough $ it always goes up in price i wouldnt mind to spend it but the price escalates every time i try and buy it i think it isnt the time to buy anything with polotics they way they are and recession. DAMN POLOTICS SCREWEIN WITH MOPARS!

first, it's politics. Second, the economy is screwing with our money, not politics.

You shouldn't expect to be able to restore a Mopar by age 16 unless you're working three jobs and going to school. It's a lot of money. Hell, I'm 22 and just started my new job (40k+/year) and I don't even have enough to restore a Mopar. You just have to do things when you can. Also, look around for deals.

I agree with Sharpie. You can find deals around. Rockauto.com sells some quality front end pieces, ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends etc by brand name manufacturers at a pretty decent price. I am going to buy most of my front end pieces from the local auto parts store, because I know the manager and can get a deal. Look around on the parts for sale section, look on Craig's list and Ebay. Deals are still out there, you just have to look. Good luck.

first, it's politics. Second, the economy is screwing with our money, not politics.

You shouldn't expect to be able to restore a Mopar by age 16 unless you're working three jobs and going to school. It's a lot of money. Hell, I'm 22 and just started my new job (40k+/year) and I don't even have enough to restore a Mopar. You just have to do things when you can. Also, look around for deals.

hah. Im 15 and restoring my cuda. Fix up my first one when i was 13. I just have 1 job as an apprentice at a bodyshop. It's not that you cant restor a mopar at this is age, you just can afford to do what you really want. 8) Also have another car.........

Actually I would say that politics is screwing the economy which is screwing everything else.

Regardless, nothing is cheap. I put a little money in the Dart this week, First time in about 4 months that I have had a little extra. And by little I mean I scrapped up $55 for an intake. And hats only because my stimulus check came. Hang in there, you'll make progress.

hah. Im 15 and restoring my cuda. Fix up my first one when i was 13. I just have 1 job as an apprentice at a bodyshop. It's not that you cant restor a mopar at this is age, you just can afford to do what you really want. 8) Also have another car.........

Its a bit different when you live at home. I built a few before I moved out, Moved back in and built another. Since a wife and kids came the pace has slowed down a bit though, LOL I think the kids are more fun though !

I bought my duster with my own money at 15, got a job waiting tables and its been smooth sailing ever since. I'm 19 now and and have pretty much changed every piece in it in one shape or another. I hope i get the satisfaction of knowing that it all came out of my pocket when I'm finished with it. Hang in there, it will get better!

Bryce

-
Back