408 DYNO results!!! Finally!

-
snow performance muscle car kit. reads engine vacuum and kicks on at your desired RPM

Is this a better route than running octane booster all the time, if you need it? Seems like Eventually the kit would equal the price of octane booster and then the methanol or windshield wiper fluid is like 4-5 dollars for a gallon.

Nice to hear you got a good deal on otherwise way to expensive heads.
Also great to hear someone worked with you on getting your rocker arms made.
I just can't believe that they advertise the head as "A low cost head" when there double the price of W2 heads and have no rockers for them, need a good deal of work to I shroud the valve and do not flow all to well via compared to the 1/2 price comp.

agreed 100%, considering these still ran me 1100 A PIECE....BEFORE porting...i was hoping for alot better numbers. i could have had a set of eddys for 1000. so i often wonder which was the lesser of 2 evils. the eddys would need 1500 in port work, valves, and springs...but the SC's had the big runner, big valves, but still needed springs...due to the rocker issue i'd probably recommend edelbrocks to anyone not looking to hit 600 horse.

Great news way to go-We have something in common although my 5.7 stroker had a little higher numbers on the hp side you have more torque to use at your will!!!!!! Thanks for posting--Steve

Is this a better route than running octane booster all the time, if you need it? Seems like Eventually the kit would equal the price of octane booster and then the methanol or windshield wiper fluid is like 4-5 dollars for a gallon.

for me it'd be more about saving money in the long run than anything. i would have to run 110 right now as is @ $8 a gallon. with the meth kit i could run 93, buy washer fluid and liquid heet instead of boost juice, and pick up another 5% BHP. guys are seeing incredible gains with the meth kits. not to mention its a non stop steam cleaner for your engine, and you get 20 ish passes on a gallon of meth. i'm sure it will require some tuning but i'm sold on it.

yes the meth kit would easily equal the cost of 110 in just a few weekends in my opinion

I have $4500.00 in my 5.7--What total do you have in this motor?????? By the way it's not bragging !!! you simply got return on your hard work and wanted to share with all of us!!!!!! Steve

I have $4500.00 in my 5.7--What total do you have in this motor?????? By the way it's not bragging !!! you simply got return on your hard work and wanted to share with all of us!!!!!! Steve

oh god...double that easily including headers, the new fuel system, and the other stuff to go with the swap. :/

what internals are you using where you're going over 600 HP with a 5.7? callies? is that N/A?

Nope no problem yep Callies crank,callies rods,Diamond pistons,apr everything and the magic indy heads!!!! xv intake,1050 carb and a secret custom cam--see that's the secret!!!!! just like your cam--it can make or break a motor build!!!! 628 hp at the crank--518hp at the wheels but you got me on the torque-i only had 479 at the wheels on a chassis dyno (Mustang)

Nope no problem yep Callies crank,callies rods,Diamond pistons,apr everything and the magic indy heads!!!! xv intake,1050 carb and a secret custom cam--see that's the secret!!!!! just like your cam--it can make or break a motor build!!!! 628 hp at the crank--518hp at the wheels but you got me on the torque-i only had 479 at the wheels on a chassis dyno (Mustang)

very nice! i also wondered if a late model hemi would have been the better choice...i guess it would have lol

still pretty happy with it...coming across alot of other 408's that are only making 400ish!

Yeah but I mean theirs are 80% street like mine will be and mine runs on 91 is what I meant, sorry.

oh no i meant nothing by it. this is definitely a streetable race engine...not a raceable street engine.lol i'd never set off for a hour long hike in a 600 horse 12.5:1 car with an 8 inch converter lol

-
Back