416 Burning oil and the road to redemption

-
Isnt the 950 really an 830 but they called it a 950? So the 750 isnt really all that much larger.BTW impressive/ really nice increase from just a rebuild

Some results are in. I found this really interesting. J.Rob

J. Rob, did you take the engine only to 5900rpm for a reason, cause likely the engine might have peaked at 550+ at 6-something with that CamMotion cam?

Last edited:
This is the HOT compression test results. J.Rob

View attachment 1715000844

Very nice results. 195 cylinder pressure is no joke. I'm not surprised to see a jump in horsepower. More cylinder pressure = more horsepower. Hughes did a similar dyno test: #14---360 Stage 3 Dyno Test. If you look at dyno 4, you see how much power they gain with a hone and and better ring seal.

Just goes to show yah kids, don't skimp on the details. That's where all that hidden power lies.

J. Rob, did you take the engine only to 5900rpm for a reason, cause likely the engine might have peaked at 550+ at 6-something with that CamMotion cam?

I'm not Jesse but I've seen a lot of dyno runs. If you look at the way the torque is dropping I believe the engine has about peaked in horsepower. A guess would be that the engine will be making about 445-450 lb-ft of torque at 6,200 and 525-531 horsepower. It's a solid engine build with good heads and will hold the horsepower awhile longer, but it has peaked out.

I'm not Jesse but I've seen a lot of dyno runs. If you look at the way the torque is dropping I believe the engine has about peaked in horsepower. A guess would be that the engine will be making about 445-450 lb-ft of torque at 6,200 and 525-531 horsepower. It's a solid engine build with good heads and will hold the horsepower awhile longer, but it has peaked out.

Mr. Laroy is exactly correct. Peak power is @ 5900 RPM. Power falls off after this point because of the limited cross section-NOT the cam. J.Rob

Limited cross section being imported heads?

I think the 2.02 intake valve maybe at or near it's limit . I think that cam would make 560 to 580 hp with the right head and 800 to 900 more rpm .

-
Back