429 smallblock Dyno warmup

-
You guys are nitpickers lol.

Just saying like others on here have
It would be nice if the aftermarket made a head that could support 550-600 hp out of the box so just about anyone could build one. With a forged 408 bottom end and slap in a 240-250 @ 0.050" .550"-.650" roller cam
No trick intake/exhaust or valve train for the same price as eddy rpm.

Like they have for 350 Chev and the new trick flow heads for 440's.

Even something that were on par with ported eddy or eq heads would be a good step.

Stock eddie's or eq's are fine for most 318/340/360 and mild 408 builds.
But something that offered more without porting or custom top end would be nice.

Wwelcome the Edelbrock Victor head. Not so much price wise though.
Want it cheaper, make ever MoPar guy get a set or two and never purchase the RPM head ever again. The price will drop.... some....
It's all in volume. Chevy has the volume. MoPar has none. It would be nioce but that is a pipe dream that will not come true ever. So, suck it up MoPar people. Your paying!

BPE head would be a nice touch.... + off the shelf headers, intakes and rockers are a "go"!
IMG_0012.JPG

I'll just leave this right here. LOL
429 SCJ PORT.JPG

one could only wish we had something similar for the smallblock mopar;)

What happened to the BPE build, I thought that they were going to build something with a set of these heads. I'm interested in doing a magnum bottom end with these heads but don't want to be the test pilot

.........I can remember kicking every so called SCJ on the street with my 340 auto 1970 dart swinger back in the 70s.....all it had was a street hemi grind cam and casler headers......kim........the fords were actually laughable back then.......

What happened to the BPE build, I thought that they were going to build something with a set of these heads. I'm interested in doing a magnum bottom end with these heads but don't want to be the test pilot

It is on the dyno.....but something happened to the dyno

BPE | Facebook

I drive my friends 71 Mach 1 SCJ every summer to the storage place and back for him and that thing is fast for an all original car, the thing has over 11:1 compression stock a solid lifter cam and 4:10 gears with a Detroit Locker. I would say it's the quickest un-touched muscle car I have driven, it's had belts, plug wires and a carb kit done to it since the day it rolled out of the factory.

I drive my friends 71 Mach 1 SCJ every summer to the storage place and back for him and that thing is fast for an all original car, the thing has over 11:1 compression stock a solid lifter cam and 4:10 gears with a Detroit Locker. I would say it's the quickest un-touched muscle car I have driven, it's had belts, plug wires and a carb kit done to it since the day it rolled out of the factory.
A friend had one 4.30s 4 speed Mach 1, ran 13.50s all day long, my 440+6 consistently beat him, used to get under his skin all the time, I hated the look of the Mach 1, but the 429 did run well.

I think the BPE heads will make good power, everything Brett Miller touches runs hard.

I think the BPE heads will make good power, everything Brett Miller touches runs hard.

That's true.

But with only a 3/8 offset its hard to get enough port in the right spot. It's still a pretty big compromise. And the offset rocker defeats the purpose. You could buy a W series head and rockers.

That's true.

But with only a 3/8 offset its hard to get enough port in the right spot. It's still a pretty big compromise. And the offset rocker defeats the purpose. You could buy a W series head and rockers.

What readily available small block head isn't a compromise?

What readily available small block head isn't a compromise?

There isn't one. But limiting intake rocker offset when you don't have to (simply because W-2 offset stuff is already available) doesn't make sense to me.

There is a reason the W-2 head took different headers. If a set of headers, or the cost of a set of headers stops you from running a cylinder head, it may be time to do something else.

There isn't one. But limiting intake rocker offset when you don't have to (simply because W-2 offset stuff is already available) doesn't make sense to me.

There is a reason the W-2 head took different headers. If a set of headers, or the cost of a set of headers stops you from running a cylinder head, it may be time to do something else.

I understand, but how many times have you heard Mopar guys complain because a head don't use a factory type rocker, standard header or intake?

I love small blocks but think if I do anything serious it'll be a gen 3.

I understand, but how many times have you heard Mopar guys complain because a head don't use a factory type rocker, standard header or intake?

I love small blocks but think if I do anything serious it'll be a gen 3.

How many times? So many times I can't count that much. It's a problem for sure.

Gen III stuff is pretty easy to find.

How many times? So many times I can't count that much. It's a problem for sure.

Gen III stuff is pretty easy to find.

IMO that's part of the reason we don't have much to choose from, that and the small market share. It seems that we as Mopar guys are not willing to take new ideas and run with them like the Ford and GM guys. We're stuck in "back in the day". LOL

IMO that's part of the reason we don't have much to choose from, that and the small market share. It seems that we as Mopar guys are not willing to take new ideas and run with them like the Ford and GM guys. We're stuck in "back in the day". LOL
It sounds like the general conscensus here is, it is time for some fresh ideas. It is nice to think that it took this long for technology and brand x to catch up! Our "back in the day" engineers carried us a looong way!

I hate having to use a big offset rocker and try not to use any when possible. Compound pushrod angles and more angles from the pushrod cup to valve stem cause all kinds of valve spring control problems. J.Rob

-
Back