440 needs to be Cool

-
As a start, use a spacer between the fan and the water pump toget tHe fan about 1/2" from the radiator! Then install a fan shroud on the radiator.

ya might run into a little problem with the fan the close to the radiator. fans tend to flex forward at high rpm and could get into that radiator. you might want to go with 1" minimum clearance to be safe.

ya might run into a little problem with the fan the close to the radiator. fans tend to flex forward at high rpm and could get into that radiator. you might want to go with 1" minimum clearance to be safe.

My setup is factory original and there is barely enough space to get a fan belt between the fan and radiator. Never had a blade touch the radiator, but it is the factory rigid fan blade - not the flex fan (which should flex even further away from the radiator under high RPMs). Just saying. Good luck and I hope your problems have been solved by now!

Merry Christmas!

This seems to be a very common problem on big block a body swaps as I talk to a lot of people at shows and forums that have this issue. Most of the time these people have aftermarket aluminum radiators, electric fans etc and still overheat. I believe the factory setup in most cases is more than adequate- 26" rad, shroud which is very important and 7 blade fan with proper thermostat. I think the increased space between rad and fan when using non-stock engine mounting methods is part of the prob.

Be cool makes a 1000 hp radiator with twin 2500 cfm fans it uses the pegs to mount it on the bottom like a challenger does but with this radiator and a mezeire electric water pump my BB never hit 195 in stop and go traffic even on a 95 degree day and my BB is a 526 with 11.5 compression and is making over 700 hp

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Be cool makes a 1000 hp radiator with twin 2500 cfm fans it uses the pegs to mount it on the bottom like a challenger does but with this radiator and a mezeire electric water pump my BB never hit 195 in stop and go traffic even on a 95 degree day and my BB is a 526 with 11.5 compression and is making over 700 hp

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I had great luck with my Be Cool as well. Everyone here disregards their stuff, maybe becasue of price but it's bolt in and it works which is worth every red cent to me.

-
Back