440 stalls at idle

-

BS67CUDA

Reaction score
:banghead::banghead:I'm in of help have been building a 67 fastback for 10 years and am finally firing it up I've fixied all the normal bugs but one. After start up and choke opens engine stalls at idle after 20 to 30 seconds can't adjust to keep running can feather with pedal and it runs . Everything is new 750 holley edelbrock performer mild mopar purple shaft complete overhaul . I even removed intake and replaced gaskets thinking I had a vacumm leak. Getting ready to call Holley hotline in am but any suggestions would be a great help thanks in advance.

I've set timing from everywhere from 5 to 12 degrees it seems to idling great then just shuts off . I dont lose power through the ignition system its like it runs out of gas . I turn the key and it fires right up .

Whats your fuel pressure and what carb are you running,holleys need 6-9 pounds and carters need a max of 6psi.The floats can be to low and the idle mixture screws need to be turned out alot and or mixtures screw holes drilled open a bit,mrmopartech

I have about 8 lbs at idle .I am using a Holley 750 cfm 4160 electric choke new out of the box . another question how much vacumm should I have at idle . it has and edelbrock performer dual plane mild cam stock heads and pistons.Again Thanks in advance for any help

P.S. float level has fuel slightly dripping and set screws starting at 1 1/2 turns went down 1 and up 1 still stalls like running out of gas . have not thought about drilling but not really loking foward to it.

Whats your fuel pressure and what carb are you running,holleys need 6-9 pounds and carters need a max of 6psi.The floats can be to low and the idle mixture screws need to be turned out alot and or mixtures screw holes drilled open a bit,mrmopartech

please PM me back, been trying to reach you with no sucess

-
Back