470 ci cooling system

-
I've had both belt and electric setups. Ona street car I prefer belt driven - I haven't used another Source housing since the first one was such a piece of crap, from the casting to the machining. I'll either use the iron factory or the MP housings. I use the Milodon pumps. I've had other aftermarkets fail either in the bearings or seal and some that just didn't move enough water (lot less vains on the impeller). So it's only Milodon now.
In terms of electric - I liked the Meziere but I also ran the Mr. Gasket drive w/ the higher rate pulley with no problems. My concern was that the steady state is great for power but the charging system will need an upgrade - especially if the battery's in the back. I don't want to have an alternator working at 95% capacity to run the fans, ignition, pump, fuel pump, and lights.

Personally, I'd rather not risk my several thousand dollar motor for a few horsepower. I'd also rather change a belt on the side of the road than an electric water pump or the motor. I've had mechanical pumps fail, but they always got me home.

Don't go with the stock water pump housing. it has far too small passages. Not sure about the radiator...not there yet. Had the stock 22" punched out to 4-row...but still ran warm in traffic.

I ran this on my 67 Dart.
If you use Evans coolant you will never boil over.
You might over heat but you will never boil the water out.

STAY AWAY from those 1" tube radiators with a BB. I promise you they will not cool for longer than a trip down the quarter mile.

-
Back