5.7L hemi Duster/resto.

-
nothing yet hope to redo the tail lights with 6" exhaust tubing. they should fit a lot better then.... they are to snug right now as it sits by the time i get paint on it the chrome rings wont fit.:banghead:

I have been drug away from this car for some time now due to my cummins needing replaced and the two transmissions i got into rebuilding. that and i have two many friends who know im handy with a wrench but i always like to help when i can. now that they are mostly good to go up i will be getting back into the car.

i would like to try to get the hemi fired up this week end but all i have for a fuel pump as of now is a inline 8 psi carb pump. with the fuel injection it might not even try to fire......
thanks for looking

well i got two of the four tail lights wraped up, Then did some grinding on the plug welds and put on some all metal on the drivers side quarter

so after a long time on the back burner, I have finally got some time on the duster and am having issues getting my injector and coil signal/ground. I have 12 volt supplied through the ASD relay to both the coil and injectors.

I think i have it narrowed down to not having the cam sensor wired correct.

ok cam sensor seams to be correct... i may have a newer ecm then what i was told.... or the actual sensor is bad

well i put in a new cam sensor but still no coil or injector signal from the ecm. I am thinking it is a ecm issue because when i tried putting a jumper cable on the actual ecm to the block the starter kicks??????

the starter is controlled by the ecm through ground so my thought is that the ecm has an internal short.....

also i noticed that my engine dose not have MDS so do i need a non mds ecm?

any input would be greatly apriciated

couple pics of the progress. I finally got some time on the duster this weekend so I started working on the other mini tub....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 561
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 535
  • 3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 556
tub tacked in place

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 530
more pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 522
  • 2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 519
  • 3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 4.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 552
looking to finish up the mini tub tomorrow then on to some grinding

Nice to see you making some progress. I would turn in to an ice cube if I tried working on mine right now

yea that's my problem I got the garage to 25 degrees the other day not bad when its 7 out

got most of the drivers mini tube finished today.
metal going in.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 474
the inside veiw

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 458
inside after welding is almost done

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 460
  • 3.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 436
one more from the trunk veiw

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 463
sorry for the small pics. I'm going to see if I can set up my phone to take them slightly bigger but still small enuff for the site.

got some of the little things done today

1st pic All the little plug welds go ground in the wheel well.

2nd pic One more piece of metal in the inside of the tub tacked in.

3rd pic Re doing the tail light buckets.

4th- 6th pics Just a few different shots of the lights just setting in place.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 414
  • 5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 439
  • 4.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 435
  • 3.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 416
  • 2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 429
Tomorrow I hope to get the seam sealer and some exo rust for the inside of the tubs and then maybe some under coat for the outside of the tub.

Keep it up. Maybe if it ever gets above 20 here I will make some progress on mine.

this week end I got the trunk cleaned out and got the bad spots wire wheeled and put down some rust treatment. Then some x-o rust. I think it turned out good considering it will all be covered.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 33.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 387
  • 4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 380
I got some more time on the car this weekend

I got some of the drivers side sail panel done and the door jam that did not line up properly.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 7.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 6.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 347
on the last few pics you can see how the repop quarter did not come to the door as it needed to. I believe the newer panels have this area fixed but never the less mine had issues...

I decided to just take the piece off my oem quarter.

In the next couple pics you will see that I cut the new/reproduction quarter and used my flange/punch tool to mount it flush and weld it in.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 16.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 356
  • 15.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 14.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 12.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 11.jpg