5.9 magnum intake performance

-
ive got a kegger off my magnum carb 360 block in my garage i think i might try playing around with it see once what a free intake will get me...did you ever think about filling in the whole volume of the keg besides the direct path to the heads intake ports?

Stock 5.2 Magnum: Duration: 251In./264Ex. Lift: .432"In/ .432"Ex Cam centerline 113*

Stock 5.9 Magnum: Duration: 249In./269Ex. Lift: .410"In/ .417"Ex Cam centerline 109*

Damn! I didn't know that! I've never paid much attention to the cam sizes. So I assumed the 360 had the bigger cam! :banghead:

ive got a kegger off my magnum carb 360 block in my garage i think i might try playing around with it see once what a free intake will get me...did you ever think about filling in the whole volume of the keg besides the direct path to the heads intake ports?

yea i was thinking of making an insert to do just that

ya for 50 bucks or so you can have a higher performance cam that stays in your stock computers tune...I think im gonna try fill in by the throttle body and more by the ports I don't know how much ill gain but I have 2 kegs so im gonna do it to one

ya for 50 bucks or so you can have a higher performance cam that stays in your stock computers tune...I think im gonna try fill in by the throttle body and more by the ports I don't know how much ill gain but I have 2 kegs so im gonna do it to one

Your not done yet?! Lol jk

One of my buddies is a machinest and builds motors and he had a Hughs intake on his truck. I had found one at a swap meet last year for $300 so I called to ask his opinion and he said he wouldn't waste the $300. Said it showed little or no gain in torque, drivability and fuel milage. I just walked on by it. I think all of these manifolds have potential to make power on a modified engine but none of them offer much on a stock or near stock engine.

ha no gotta pull the motor and harness out of a 97 ram yet just got my ethanol 360 running on my engine stand and has to be dropped in yet too...im one of those too many damn projects guys lol

those were my thoughts to hemichuck for what im doing that intake isnt worth that much money

-
Back