5.9 Magnum into a 73Duster

-
i use to be in C.B. and HAM radio,,,but back in the 60s and 70s there was a copmany called heath kit,,you could buy and build every thing from am/fm,,turn tables,, two way radios t.v sets,, etc,,the mega squirt reminds me of that,,,,

when do you think you will be doing that building of that kit ?? if i dont fix the hemi in my street rod,im considering a magnum and ide consider the factory injection,,but ide hate to have to buy a lap top just to tune it,,ive heard you can get the mega squirt already assembled and with a start up program,,i have never looked to se if they have a web site,,

Yep, I remember Heath kit,even built a couple items. Hope to get the Megasquirt this week/weekend. Will have to clear the bench of my 440 repeater parts for room. It may take me a bit to get everything together, along where to mount it.

There a lot of info out there here is a few:

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

http://www.msefi.com/index.php

http://www.megamanual.com/seq/indexright.htm

http://www.diyautotune.com/index.html

They have the assembled units ready to go, but you still need to configure them to you engine setup. They have to viewers ,one with a touch screen. But I haven't really looked into them.

Matt at DIYautotune was a big help for me, hes on this forum also.

I got the Relay board assembled. next is the Stim. With today being cloudy, I work on getting the parts off of the 74 that I need for the 73. Then we can haul off whats left to the scrap.

Picture.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

now that board is way different the nthe mega squirt baored i seen on a street rod,,,your looks good,, the other one looked like some thing from N.A.S.A how much other stuff goes along with that,,

Not much more to it. I still have to assemble the main unit. There is a cable I will make up with DB37 ends to connect the ECU to the relay board, Then I'll wire it to the engine/sensors.The blue board is the Megasquirt main board.

The board on the case is the simlulator for testing the main ECU when I'm done

DSCN0445.jpg

i seen the guy with the older type mega squirt,,,i got a pic as soon as i load them i wil post a pic of it,,,its werid comaperd to yours,,

Mine is the MS2 Ver 3.0 board. The older ones had a green board.
Its taking a little time to assemble/test. Heres a couple of pics of progress.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

that board looks way more professional then this one this is the early mega squirt i talked about,,,,weird,,,

mud cungie wheels of time 2009 004.jpg

That's looks like his HEI coil system. Think the rounded fin is a heatsink. There's got to be more somewhere.

kid is a computer wiz,,,he had a screen monitoring the mega squirt in side the dassh,,,,but says thats the complete mega squirt board on the fire walll,,,he says it also has an extra relay that he had the electric fan running off of,,look close and se the factory plugs going to it,,,

Haven't had much time to work on the Duster lately. And now we are looking at 6 to 8 inches of snow on the ground. Guess winter is here. LOL I do have the megasquirt completed and tested. Got one more mod to do for the dual baro sensors. And to build the new engine harness.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them for you.

After almost a year we got to spend some time working on the duster. Yippie!!!
Got the fuel tank back in, ripped out all of the old fuel lines. figuring how to run the lines for the efi system. Also working on moving the battery over to the right side due to the power steering pump on the magum. Still got more fittings to get this week at Summit. Hope more to follow

I put a 95 360 efi in my 73 dart. I used a 904 trans, had to put a notch in the bellhousing for the crank sensor. the fuel pump I realy got cheep...smashed the fuel pump module from the truck, removed the pump, fastend it to the stock pickup in the tank with hose clamps. then ran it into a regulator in the trunk and had the return line go into the tank. That computer was a 97 pin, I used the ecu and the pcm from the truck, when I was done there were only a few wires going to the car. The one trick was the run wire and the start wire, I was afraid of a feed back from the old style ignition switch so I put diodes in those two wires. That system only used 1 o2 sensor I just used the stock sensor and put it in. I went to my local Dodge dealer and they let me study the wire diagrams from ther master repair manual. My wife drove the car for about 5 years, best ET 13.7. I have changed it to a carbed 408 E85. (Wish I had left it efi.)

I put a 95 360 efi in my 73 dart. I used a 904 trans, had to put a notch in the bellhousing for the crank sensor. the fuel pump I realy got cheep...smashed the fuel pump module from the truck, removed the pump, fastend it to the stock pickup in the tank with hose clamps. then ran it into a regulator in the trunk and had the return line go into the tank. That computer was a 97 pin, I used the ecu and the pcm from the truck, when I was done there were only a few wires going to the car. The one trick was the run wire and the start wire, I was afraid of a feed back from the old style ignition switch so I put diodes in those two wires. That system only used 1 o2 sensor I just used the stock sensor and put it in. I went to my local Dodge dealer and they let me study the wire diagrams from ther master repair manual. My wife drove the car for about 5 years, best ET 13.7. I have changed it to a carbed 408 E85. (Wish I had left it efi.)

nice sounds intresting

I got a new intake for a late birthday present. A Mopar EFI intake for the Magnum. Now just need the four barrel throttle body(maybe for Xmas)
Pulled off the old beer barrel. Hope the weather stays warmer for a bit.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 627
  • Picture 003.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 616
  • Picture 004.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 595
Think its the same one that Mopar puts in their EFI kits. Now I just need time to install.

so do you have the mopar perf, throttle body and injectors?? if not price it all out,,not sure what your doing for a computer,,,but have you seen the f,a,s,t stuff ?? there injector will fit that intake,,there computer teaches it self your motor,,,no lap top needed,,

so do you have the mopar perf, throttle body and injectors?? if not price it all out,,not sure what your doing for a computer,,,but have you seen the f,a,s,t stuff ?? there injector will fit that intake,,there computer teaches it self your motor,,,no lap top needed,,

Yep Looked the fast stuff not bad, but I wanted more control over the system.
With this Mopar intake I can use all of the factory injectors,fuel rails. Not in the picture is a adapter for the stock two barrel throttle body. I'm looking at using the edelbrock 1000 cfm four barrel throttle body to use. The computer will still be the Megasquirt 2.

-
Back