5.9 Magnum into a 73Duster

-
aah ok i forgot you had the mega squirt,,,i just suggested the f.a.s.t stuff because it is so easy to use, adjusts its self to all weather conditions.,,,F.A.S.T is not in my budjet,or ide give it a try on my street rod,,,,

i would think with a 1000 cfm throttle body, bigger cam ?? you are going to need some thing bigger then factory injectors,,,how long till your ready to fire it up ??

At the rate I,m going its going to take me 5 years.LOL
Still got the fuel system to finish. And start on the rewiring of the whole car.EEKK (not bad just time)
It will be stock for the first fire up, Then better heads are in order, Bigger cam.more compression, 2300 stall convertor 391 gears ( not sure on what diff at this point)

Seems like almost everything is 500.00 and up and about the time I save up some money something else happens and takes it plus. Hahahahaha the way life goes.

Got to spend a little time on the duster today. Cleaned the intake surfaces, Did a trial fit with the new intake and no gaskets just to see how the fit is. Layed flat, so we're good.
In some of the pictures is my mocking things up to see how everything is going to be. Turned the fuel rails around to see how I like it, Would save more space on the drivers side. The last picture shows the adapter to run the stock throttle body.
For the price I paid for the intake and no spacers for the fuel rails, so we,ll have to make them. GRRRRRRRR Hope the weather stay nice. But I dont think so. LOL

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 631
  • Picture 008.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 614
  • Picture 009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 600
  • Picture 011.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 621
i hear ya on every thing seems to cost 500.00,,and that every day life gets in the way every time u get a few bucks saved,,same deal here,,,, looks like all factory accessories fit in place ,,thats a good thing, seems like its taking me too long also to get working on my street rod,,,,

If you want a little cam upgrade from stock I can make you a hell of a deal on the one I took out of my dart / magnum. lift .480 intake, .512 ex, duration 205 in, 210 ex. Not a big rpm cam but monster torque, if you want more info let me know.

Sorry no updates as of yet. Been to cold out. lol And now I need to replaced the head on my daily driver (good weather) due to a blown timing belt.ugh

Sorry no updates as of yet. Been to cold out. lol And now I need to replaced the head on my daily driver (good weather) due to a blown timing belt.ugh

wow.. would this be the old geezzer from REnolanslide??

Crap ya found me!!!!! Yes it is lol its a small world.

Attachments

• RLSoldgeezer (128 x 128).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 501
yes it is.. this is Raven.exe from the RLS boards...r.i.p.

Sorry no progress yet on install. Been working on everything else. Hope soon though

OG

Lookin' good, my Dad is thinkin about doin' somethin' similar in his 67 Dart GT Convertible, I'll show him this thread...

Subscribed!

I just piked up a 2000 Dakota R/T Motor, trans, and rear. Gonna put the motor and rear in my '98 Dakota 4X4, and take the 5.2 from the Dakota, mate it to the R/T tranny, and massage it into my '71 Demon Sizzler. I'll read though this thread later...I gotta get to bed soon. I'm wanting to keep the MPFI, and the OD tranny, so that I might be able to run lower gears in the 8 3/4 rear. This should make for a fun project :D

j

Picked up a Edelbrock throttle body part#3878. Having to modify both fuel rails to clear. UGH But it is starting to take shape. Now I can also start building the wiring harness to mate with the Megasquirt2 and plum the fuel lines.

On another note learned the hard way that you MUST cut the Truck motor mount off the drivers side to clear headers (least Hedmans) The TTIs will come later. OG

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Picture 005.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Picture 004.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 425
  • Picture 002.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 454
Not to butt in.............

For the rear O2 sensor, you can always install a syms box. It always tells the computer that everything is fine.
Used one on my 98 R/T when I sorted melted the converter while towing and most of the guts got filtered thru the exhaust system.

got to spend some time on the duster today, made the plate to hold the deutsch bulk head connectors where the old one was.Still need to finish.

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 337
Straightened out the linkage on the throttle body and used a 1/2 spacer, made my own fuel rail brackets

20220710_123444.jpg

-
Back