500+ horse 440

-
NHRA scales!!!
I would not have guessed that much …. Wow !

My 70 Charger scaled 3900 with full trim and a 440. That car ran 12.30s @ 111 mph in Seattle. Nothing more than stock bottom end , 906s with MP porting templates , Hooker headers , 6 pak , and a .550 solid roller cam. 3.55 gears….

Short block doesn’t need to be trick. Use LY rods, just have them resized with arp bolts. Good machine work on the block, torque plate hone and align hone with ARP studs. I’d use a KB hypereutectic piston. Use the step head pistons If your using an open chamber iron head (they can work but they’ll need lots of work to get the potential untapped. Unless you have equipment and experience plan to pay). If you can afford a set of alum heads go with flat tops. The power is in the heads and cam. By the time you get a set of iron heads up to snuff you’ll be close to the cost of some edelbrocks, stealth’s, or procomps. I would recommend you spend money on heads and good rockers. Run a solid flat tappet, I’d recommend getting it nitrided. Give Dwayne Porter a call, he can help you there. Buy a cam for the combo. Probably something 240-250 range at .050 on a 110. Performer RPM intake, or good single plane, and an 780-850 carb. The. You’ll need a good converter, trans, and driveline to go behind it. Rotating assembly also needs to be balanced.

-
Back