501 inch indy lil ez heads

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
I am putting a 400 stoker in my duster and need headers for the ez's. I read where mad dog had some and tti did too. I want 2'' full length preferably not fender wells, do any of you guys have these heads and what headers do you run.

Thanks!

I was under the impression that the TTIs work great with the EZs in A bodies.

I only have limited exposure to the B in an A chassis but in my limited experience, go with TTi. The premium is entirely worth paying.

I think that the TTI header for the low deck A is only 1 3/4 tube and will fit power steering.

The MadDog headers are 2 inch headers and don't fit power steering.

It just depends on what you are ultimately planning on doing.

Mike

agreed, depends what youre looking to do. I'd say go with maddog. worth the price, although if youre worried about cutting up your inner fenders, they ARE remaking abody inner fenderwells. so again, it depends what you want.

I am putting a 400 stoker in my duster and need headers for the ez's. I read where mad dog had some and tti did too. I want 2'' full length preferably not fender wells, do any of you guys have these heads and what headers do you run.

Thanks!

i have a set of tti in my indy ez headed 73 dodge dart. but i am running a 440. tti will only work on a low deck if you are useing eather indy sr heads or 440-1 heads with the raised exhaust port. pm bob aka propsort on moparts. he was useing the mad dog headers on his 451 low deck in a 73 dart sport.Mopar65

I want a fast street car that I can drive and not worry about the front tires slinging stuff up through the fenders, so I would like to keep them in tact plus don't want to cut up the car. And yeah I was under the impression that the tti's would not have a 2'' available for the low deck. I might have to go with the smaller ones if they will work.

Did the mad dogs go through the fenders I saw pictures before but cant find them now.

I run TTIs on my B motor and they are 2". The EZ heads have a standard exhaust port location no?

I know you said you don't want to run fenderwells but I am running 2" Hookers on my Indy EZ headed 440. I am very happy with them.

Fenderwells do look good, but I dont think they would match the car. Plus I would hear it from everyone then about it being a race-car hah. And yeah I am pretty sure they exhaust ports are in the standard location, but I saw where tti didnt have them listed. I just wanted to see if anyone here had the EZs and 2'' tti's on a low deck and how they worked out if they did.

I think Nick is a dealer so I am gonna call him and see.

i'm pretty sure all 4 models of the EZ Indy heads use stock exhaust port locations so they work for BB in A body without needing custom headers

the other Indy heads need the special headers from TTI / Mad Dog or custom because they have raised exhaust ports

like the 440-1's http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=136836

the EZ line is specifically made to not require special header connections

Fenderwells do look good, but I dont think they would match the car. Plus I would hear it from everyone then about it being a race-car hah. And yeah I am pretty sure they exhaust ports are in the standard location, but I saw where tti didnt have them listed. I just wanted to see if anyone here had the EZs and 2'' tti's on a low deck and how they worked out if they did.

I think Nick is a dealer so I am gonna call him and see.
No offence to anyone who has fenderwell headers on their big block A-body but IMO thats a move one needs to think about carefully before jumping in. On a rough car for say bracket racing, or a low buck car where max performance for the least money is the goal they make sense but I would not take a sweet looking car like the Viperredduster and cut it up to run fender well headers. To me thats a move that screws up the character of a car like that and I'd bet that it will lower the re-sale value and even turn some buyers away. To me its alot like tubbing a car these days, the wow factor of it is gone and its a can't go back or at least a lot of trouble to go back move.

No offence to anyone who has fenderwell headers on their big block A-body but IMO thats a move one needs to think about carefully before jumping in. On a rough car for say bracket racing, or a low buck car where max performance for the least money is the goal they make sense but I would not take a sweet looking car like the Viperredduster and cut it up to run fender well headers. To me thats a move that screws up the character of a car like that and I'd bet that it will lower the re-sale value and even turn some buyers away. To me its alot like tubbing a car these days, the wow factor of it is gone and its a can't go back or at least a lot of trouble to go back move.

I agree, plus its just gonna be a pump gas street car on a 275. I dont need all that race car stuff!!!

Not sure of fitment with torsion bars, as mine has coilovers, but I have the 2" primary TTI's on a "B" engine. I didn't read that they didn't fit until after they were in and the car running...

I am looking at buying a Demon that had a big block on a motor plate and has the inner fenders cut out. Any advantage to using fenderwell headers vs under car? I would probably add mufflers cause I hate the extreme loudness of open headers.

I am looking at buying a Demon that had a big block on a motor plate and has the inner fenders cut out. Any advantage to using fenderwell headers vs under car? I would probably add mufflers cause I hate the extreme loudness of open headers.
I'm new to MOPARS but quickly learning. I'm building a 440 Duster and I wound up buying Schumacher shorty headers even though I know they will cost some power. The trouble with under the car long tubes is that they won't fit with power steering, they trap the starter so if you need to remove it you will have to remove the header first and getting at the spark plugs becomes a pain and on top of that the plug wires burn up easily because the headers are so close to the plugs. Fenderwell headers eliminate all these problems but I've read that depending on ride height, and wheel/tire combo you wind up with tire hitting the header tubes when you turn sharp like a parking manuever. Also as I said before alot of guys like me don't want to start cutting up the car to make things fit. I'm pretty sure I saw in one of your posts that you were going with a small block so the under chassis header might not have any of these problems, all the research I did was for Big Block A-Bodies. Good luck what ever you do, be sure and post some pictures and tell us about it.

Who has power steering??? And I am going with a 500 inch indy roller motor, and gonna try some 2'' tti's.

On my 2" TTI B motor combo they fit great except,had to grind the pitman arm stud to clear,put in a flaming river manual box and the #3 tube needed a little massaging and the passenger side lower bellhousing ear on the block itself was tight so the tube by that got a little ding. Thats it mang. SO fit them to the engine first with it hanging, then you might have some SMALL issues but definitely nothing a decent hot rodder couldnt overcome quickly. My buddy runs the 2 1/8" step TTIs on his -1 headed B engine Dart.

-
Back