512 build

-
The Indy dual plane is available with maxie ports.

I called Indy to get their input. Doesn't get any more rude than the guy that picked up the phone. He wants no part of selling parts to a guy with edelbrock heads etc. he said my build is all wrong and didn't know if their intake would work. At one point i was looking to buy everything from Indy and glad I didn't. Now I get why they have so many negative posts.
Hopefully the Torker 2 works fine. Joe seems to think it will be fine for a street car.

Welcome to classic Indy customer service. You are much better off dealing with one of thier retailers.

I called Indy to get their input. Doesn't get any more rude than the guy that picked up the phone. He wants no part of selling parts to a guy with edelbrock heads etc. he said my build is all wrong and didn't know if their intake would work. At one point i was looking to buy everything from Indy and glad I didn't. Now I get why they have so many negative posts.
Hopefully the Torker 2 works fine. Joe seems to think it will be fine for a street car.

Hey, we just dyno'd a 505 on 91 octane with the Torker II and it made 657 HP. A better street manifold would be the RPM Performer as it made another 30 LB-FT of torque in the 3000 rpm range, but the Torker II will work okay, especially if you already own it.

Hey, we just dyno'd a 505 on 91 octane with the Torker II and it made 657 HP. A better street manifold would be the RPM Performer as it made another 30 LB-FT of torque in the 3000 rpm range, but the Torker II will work okay, especially if you already own it.
What heads are you running? I've got heavily ported victor heads. I think it's going to be fine probably lose 10-20 hp from the victor 440 we dynoed with. Did you rework the torker 2 or OOB?

What heads are you running? I've got heavily ported victor heads. I think it's going to be fine probably lose 10-20 hp from the victor 440 we dynoed with. Did you rework the torker 2 or OOB?

We did a little work to the Torker II like raising the runners slightly and we are using Edelbrock RPM heads flowing 306cfm @ .600" lift.

So I finally take it for a ride and it leaks everywhere. 50-70lbs of pressure at 2500-3000 lbs. joe only installed one breather on driver side. Says I only need one. I've got $20k of brand new parts covered in oil. Brand new headers ruined. FUBAR. This did not leak on dyno.

Big difference between oil laying in the bottom of the pan on the dyno and sloshing around and slapping the crank under acceleration and braking. What is the oiling system? Pan size and amount of oil being used? Was a vacuum pump or pan evac system used on the dyno? We use a pan evac system on the dyno to assist in ring break in.

Big difference between oil laying in the bottom of the pan on the dyno and sloshing around and slapping the crank under acceleration and braking. What is the oiling system? Pan size and amount of oil being used? Was a vacuum pump or pan evac system used on the dyno? We use a pan evac system on the dyno to assist in ring break in.

I've got the milodon road race pan but could not keep the windage tray because of the stroker. Trying to get a part number but believe it's the melling HV pump. No pan evac on dyno

You definitely need 2 big breathers on that motor. I have 2 breather lines on my 500" motor and it pushes oil out of them when I run it hard. The best thing that I found to do is route 2 lines to a catch can from the valve covers. Then you can catch the oil and it doesn't spray all over your motor and headers.

Have you considered the possibility that the engine is over full?

Have you considered the possibility that the engine is over full?
you do know that gapless rings will stop all this don`t you. if you`ve got that much blowby your rings probably aren`t seated----just my not so humble opinion--lol-bob

That would be Josh King, a world class azzhole. Deal with Bob Mazzolini if you HAVE to have Indy stuff, and let him deal with Indy. He told me he should charge 5% for the aggrivation.

you do know that gapless rings will stop all this don`t you. if you`ve got that much blowby your rings probably aren`t seated----just my not so humble opinion--lol-bob

Yeah but I suddenly thought, what if somehow with all that aftermarket hooha, oil pan and such, that he has it overfilled? The rings couldn't stop the egg beater action of the crankshaft hitting the oil, could they? Hardly.

-
Back