528 hemi swap

-
I'm still waiting for Hemi446 to explain himself...Sounds like a crock to me..

As soon as I find the spec sheets from Stage 5 I will be happy to post them for you. These heads are advertised to flow 10% more than stock heads. I built a 426 engine that was totally stock down to the carbs and the distributor but it was recurved customer had it dyno'ed a 490 ft lbs of torque and 531 hp. it was the original engine from his 68 Road Runner. I built the engine in my car 15 years ago and a lot of that stuff is in folder some were. I don't have any thing to prove to anyone I built this car for me. If way one want to go for a ride or see the car just let me know

I was merely asking if that if you have 2 Hemi blocks, one of the original 426, from Map Mopar in the 60's early 70's, and if you can take that factory OEM valve covers off that 426, and bolt them right to a 528 Ma Mopar factory OEM head......Merely are all the valve covers "interchangeable" from one Hemi 426, all the way up to the 540 Hemi that was also Map Mopar OEM motor?

I'm not sure if I'm asking the question right to the answer I'm trying to find out,.....

without a doubt....yes

the heads have nothing to do with the bore / stroke cubic inch displacement.

As soon as I find the spec sheets from Stage 5 I will be happy to post them for you. These heads are advertised to flow 10% more than stock heads. I built a 426 engine that was totally stock down to the carbs and the distributor but it was recurved customer had it dyno'ed a 490 ft lbs of torque and 531 hp. it was the original engine from his 68 Road Runner. I built the engine in my car 15 years ago and a lot of that stuff is in folder some were. I don't have any thing to prove to anyone I built this car for me. If way one want to go for a ride or see the car just let me know

that is a ton of HP out of a "stocker" with only a re-curved dist, which by the way, I wouldn't think, would effect WOT HP substantially.....what is the secret??...the correction factor

BTW...love you Hemi ragtop....on my top 10 list

There's no secret HemiDenny, because those numbers never happened with that cam.

without a doubt....yes

the heads have nothing to do with the bore / stroke cubic inch displacement.

The reason I asked is, I was wondering because of the block's size difference, if the heads were physically "bigger" in size, due to the bore...

As in some pictures I've seen (not been up close to both engine sizes as the same time, "side by side" to note that they are the same size, but in some cases, the valve covers on the 528 look a bit "bigger" then the 426....Now saying the bolt pattern is the same, but overall "fit" is pretty exact, see, Thats something I have yet to experience with Hemi's, side by side to see that the size externally, are the same.

I have seen other "Hemi's" side by side, the 331, 354, and 392, the old ones, first gen. are different! Unless what I seen was factory valve covers on one, and after market stuff on another.....Sadly, I didn't get to ask the questions then as I didn't really even think this deep into it as I am now!

I just thought that the different combustion chambers from the 426 to the 528 would have warranted the heads to bolt slightly differently from one engine head to the other....so they aren't Chamber specific heads!

Needless to say, interesting!

Which explains how someone can take a 528 or any of the "larger" Hemi engines and set up to look like a stock 426......They look the same on the outside!

-
Back