55 Years Ago Today

-
Great car! congrats on keeping it, both being able to and knowing to.

Nice colors and options. Can you show the fender tag.

Is that a 7.25 SG? They made them all the way to 1968 iirc on the 273. Still a capable unit behind that motor if you don't drop it at 4500. My 7.25 SG lasted almost 8 months behind a 340 and under the foot of a teenager.

Is that a 7.25 SG? They made them all the way to 1968 iirc on the 273. Still a capable unit behind that motor if you don't drop it at 4500. My 7.25 SG lasted almost 8 months behind a 340 and under the foot of a teenager.

No, it is an 8 3/4".

I had a Mauve 1966 Dart GT Convertible that I traded on this car.
It was a 273 2 barrel 7 1/4" open rear. I stripped the spider gears in it 2 or 3 times when I would hammer it hard.

Great car! congrats on keeping it, both being able to and knowing to.

Nice colors and options. Can you show the fender tag.

@413
Here is the CERTICARD and Fender Tag

102_0354.JPG

Pure awesomeness!!! Congrats on being able to keep and love since new!!!

I have had mine 67 GTS 55 years also. I bought mine at Carl Price Lincoln, Mercury Dodge in Jasper, Al

DSC_5204.JPG

My dad says 55 years ago this time, he was at Chanute AFB in Rantoul, Illinois going to tech school for weather equipment maintenance and repair. There was a Dodge dealership in town, and he doesn't remember any Darts there (or the dealership name, maybe someone else does?), but with $92 and change a month of income put all thoughts of buying one out of the picture. But we've fallen in love with the '67 Darts lately. Now, just to find one hidden away in someone's grandmother's garage that could be driven and used as is without too much effort. A 1968 or 1969 model would work, too... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My dad says 55 years ago this time, he was at Chanute AFB in Rantoul, Illinois going to tech school for weather equipment maintenance and repair. There was a Dodge dealership in town, and he doesn't remember any Darts there (or the dealership name, maybe someone else does?), but with $92 and change a month of income put all thoughts of buying one out of the picture. But we've fallen in love with the '67 Darts lately. Now, just to find one hidden away in someone's grandmother's garage that could be driven and used as is without too much effort. A 1968 or 1969 model would work, too... :rolleyes:

Chanute AFB is the reason I am even here.

My Father was stationed there in the 1940's as an instructor.
They would get weekend passes and he would travel over to Bloomington, Illinois to go to dances and meet girls.
That is where he met my Mother. They married. He finished his tour of duty. Moved to Bloomington to live and a couple years later, me.

Wow! Small world in some ways. I can't say I blame you for moving from there in the great white north. I'm farther north (more higher in elevation), than I'd like to be. BTW, Pops loves that story! We've graduated to looking at 4 door and wagon B bodies now. Old age and table muscle make them easier to get in and out of.

Last edited:
Interesting that it came with 3.91s without being listed as a an upgrade option on the Monroni...

Interesting that it came with 3.91s without being listed as a an upgrade option on the Monroni...
If I remember correctly. If you ordered the Sure-Grip, You had you choice of 3.23, 3.55, or 3.91 at no extra cost.
I wanted and ordered 3.91 with the Sure-Grip.

Thats awesome and so cool!!!!!

55 years ago, 1967 if I figure right, I was actually an ag student at a Jr. College, the target of the local draft lady, and sometimes running top end down I75 and not giving a chit if I lived to see the next day! Riding is someone else's real car, as mine could not get up to the kill your self speed.

What memories!! My first new car was a 1968 Dart 270. It had a 273, automatic and power steering. I added radio and A/C. Wife rolled in in 1971 and State Farm totaled it. The guy who bought it at auction tracked me down for A/C idler pulleys (which I still had). The car looked brand new and only had 13,000 miles instead of the 72,000 when it rolled. Someone bought it and probably is still bitching that Mopars just don't hold up.

My first new car was a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan (I was 44 at the time)

-
Back