6.1 Hemi into 72 Demon March 2018

-
Hey sublime1 let me start by saying your car looks fantastic that is going to be one awesome Mopar when you finish. I also lived in Monroe for a short length Of time and have spent many many years in Eugene I also grew up in Veneta maybe you seen my car cruising it is been in the area for over 40 years. Oh by the way awesome color choice

Hey sublime1 let me start by saying your car looks fantastic that is going to be one awesome Mopar when you finish. I also lived in Monroe for a short length Of time and have spent many many years in Eugene I also grew up in Veneta maybe you seen my car cruising it is been in the area for over 40 years. Oh by the way awesome color choice
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen your car around town. Maybe even lived off Maxwell rd (thinking it was Irvington now) years ago. Dustin.

Last edited:
In actual fact I think I have a picture (KO) of your car, it was from the function in the junction show. I will scruff around and see if I still have it. And yes FOG you have to be careful with file in drill as it will suck you right in and wrap you up!

Well it's good to see a couple old homeboys keeping it real with their Mopars keep up the great work, maybe we'll see you around sometime

Well as I am a one man one dog shop I have to improvise a lot on heavy awkward stuff. Here is redneck solution to dropping K frame.

53881AAF-3EDD-4E32-9FC2-E6736C03CC05.jpeg

Got alternator and power steering pump sorted out so I could thread new belt on. Had to you tube for threading directions! PS on one of the “idler” pulleys there is a square hole that just perfect for a 3/8 ratchet. Crank it down towards driver side and idler swings over super easy for belt install. Very cool

295072CC-2005-4577-836A-C6D9B7795AE5.jpeg

Now about those tires sticking out from under the car----------------------------
Hah! I was going to put on fender flares but in a fit of sobriety I chose not to. But man I dig fender flares and air shocks! Figured I may need to sell some day. Nothing says hack like fender flares on a A body!

Got alternator and power steering pump sorted out so I could thread new belt on. Had to you tube for threading directions! PS on one of the “idler” pulleys there is a square hole that just perfect for a 3/8 ratchet. Crank it down towards driver side and idler swings over super easy for belt install. Very cool

View attachment 1715496449

You might want to spin the other idler pulley (the fixed one) to make sure it’s smooth. I’m on my 3rd one in my Ram.

A smart guy would of course then include a pix of the bumper attached........ Well I started pouring a toddy then I turned up the Cody Jinks then I poured another toddy, then I sat down and well I spaced it. Trust me when I say it looks great! I will get a pix tomorrow when I go back out. I am whipped, it has been a long day. My C-19 tolerance meter is just about pegged. This environment is crushing small businesses. Breaks my heart, a dear friend called me this evening trying to sort out a survival business plan. Sucks. Rant over, apologies.

A smart guy would of course then include a pix of the bumper attached........ Well I started pouring a toddy then I turned up the Cody Jinks then I poured another toddy, then I sat down and well I spaced it. Trust me when I say it looks great! I will get a pix tomorrow when I go back out. I am whipped, it has been a long day. My C-19 tolerance meter is just about pegged. This environment is crushing small businesses. Breaks my heart, a dear friend called me this evening trying to sort out a survival business plan. Sucks. Rant over, apologies.
I haven't been working in 3 weeks the body shop has no work so my Scamp is on hold till I can make some side money.
Yea this hole thing sucks.

I like them looks good with the car.
I didn’t put the center caps on yet as I just have the wheels hanging trying to sort out the stance. Had to purchase longer upper ball joints to help the geometry. So tore apart front suspension yet again. Had to anyway as the knuckle head painter got over spray on all my shiny new powder coated K frame parts. Any words of advice on how to clean up all the over spray my body work genius friend? For those that don’t know Fred has been doing body work and paint for a zillion years. Check out his build thread. You might even see an airplane in his shop getting painted! He has crazy body and paint skills. Hah! Shameless plug for ya Fred!

I didn’t put the center caps on yet as I just have the wheels hanging trying to sort out the stance. Had to purchase longer upper ball joints to help the geometry. So tore apart front suspension yet again. Had to anyway as the knuckle head painter got over spray on all my shiny new powder coated K frame parts. Any words of advice on how to clean up all the over spray my body work genius friend? For those that don’t know Fred has been doing body work and paint for a zillion years. Check out his build thread. You might even see an airplane in his shop getting painted! He has crazy body and paint skills. Hah! Shameless plug for ya Fred!
Yea this crazy painter got over spray on my powder coated front suspension as well so lacquer thinner took mine off then used some rubbing compound.

Any harsh chemical like lacquer thinner can damage or dull powder coating (it's essentially paint after all). I would try a good cleaner wax or some auto body paint glaze like Wizard's; depending on the extent of the overspray, it might take a few rounds to remove it.

Any harsh chemical like lacquer thinner can damage or dull powder coating (it's essentially paint after all). I would try a good cleaner wax or some auto body paint glaze like Wizard's; depending on the extent of the overspray, it might take a few rounds to remove it.
Thanks CudaChick I didn't know that will try that here soon I still have some spots to clean up.

Thanks, I am basically paint illiterate!

-
Back