6.4/8hp70 project 67 Barracuda

-
Hi everyone, joined a few years ago, been away due to kids/grandkids.

Finally, after holding on to this 67 notchback since I was 14 years old, I’m going to get started on it, I found/bought an 1,808 mile 6.4/trans from a wide body scatpack 2021 charger.

Years ago I tubbed it ( never narrowed the 8-3/4 ), so I’m not worried about cutting this to fit this new combo, originally I wanted to do a 440.

Thought about doing 340/a518 setup, but I decided for modern power. ( I have a complete 340, but no trans )

My plans are to use ms3 gold system with Sound German Automotive trans controller, and make this my daily driver.

A lot of work ahead, but worth it, especially after waiting for so long to get something going on it.

Wife wanted/got a new car, but I don’t want to drive her old car ( 06 300 srt8 99k miles ) and didn’t want another new car….so I’ll build my own lol !

I even thought about just using the 300, I could maybe use other things from it, but it’s too nice of a car to disassemble, and not an 8 speed haha.

Wow, I just now did the math, it’s been 33 years since I’ve driven this car, in high school.

Sorry long post with no pics or other actual work….I will post more when I get to working on it.
Thanks for reading my rambling on.

John.
i too have a 67 barracuda that ive decided to go the new hemi route i hope by following you it will go smoothly thanks

Sorry, it’s late and on my phone without glasses on ha, no major updates, been busy, but did collect more parts to have on hand when ready. Hopefully will get back on it after the holidays.

Any updates? Have any clearance issues with the r&pinion & thr holley pan?

-
Back