• Poll closed .
-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
1970 Challenger, factory /6, Auto car.

Currently 440 / 727 / 8.75

No Option Tag....

Keep it as 440 or return to /6?

Keep it as a 440. Even if you had the VIN tag, its probably worth more this way. It would be hard for me to spend money to reduce the value and performance.

I say build a nice solid slant and drop it in to piss off all the other e body people. you see 440 challengers all the time but a built/ turbo 6....

build the /6 turbo and make it keep up with the 4440 cars lol. that will piss them all off lol lol

If it drives good and stops good keep a mild 440 in there

I don't know I'd almost say go back to original /6 and make a nice driver! You never see them anymore, you see sooo many big block clones but never a /6.

Put the /6 back in!!!

Don't worry I'll dispose of that 440 for you.

Dam I don't know why I voted to keep 440. duh

Nothing like torque! Keep the 440. Drive it and have fun. jmo

build a stock looking /6 and hide a nos kit by drilling the underside of the intake take the hood off when you race the big blocks and laugh all day at em

Do what makes YOU happy man! Thats the joy of building and driving mopars. If its not fun there is no sense in doing it.:-D

Putting A /6 Back In When Theres Is Already A Bblk In And Set Up Would Be Like Getting Nuetered........

:toothy10:
The commentary makes me laugh....

Now the next question. If this currently has a big block, is it safe to presume that it has a big block K member?

What K member WOULD I need to go back to the slant 6?

:toothy10:
The commentary makes me laugh....

Now the next question. If this currently has a big block, is it safe to presume that it has a big block K member?

What K member WOULD I need to go back to the slant 6?
That depends on how the swap was done. You can buy the conversion mounts and put a 440 on a /6 k-member. Don't think anyone has ever bothered to do the inverse...

Keep it as a mild 440. If it still had the /6 in it, i would have voted that way.:toothy10:

That depends on how the swap was done. You can buy the conversion mounts and put a 440 on a /6 k-member. Don't think anyone has ever bothered to do the inverse...

I think it has a BB k member, as I swapped from a 383 to 440 years ago, and there was nothing special on the motor mounts.

Wayyyyy back around 1991 or so, there was a 1970 Challenger convertible with the slant six and 3 spd on the floor.

I blinked and have regretted it since.

If you decide to install the /6 you will have to find a /6 K member. No other way around that.
I would probably switch it up every couple of years.
Since there is no fender tag, the /6 is less appealing to me and my opinion.

you gonna cruise it or sell it on barrette jackson? if your gonna cruise it I'd say either way you wan't to goooooooooooo! but if you like the car and want to be cruising the tires off it....make you some motor mounts for the slanty that will bolt to the bb k frame and put some duals a super six intake and a holley 350 2 bbl with some cruise control and a/c and have a ball!!!!Just enjoy the car trailer and garage queens are nice but cars are for cruisin!! J M O
P.S. don't forget the "shaker hood scoop" they'll never suspect a thing till ya pop the hood :cheers:

-
Back