6 cyl. Tourque Shaft ?

-

SSing

Reaction score
(guess torsion bar is the correct term here).
Is for a SS Nostalgia Racer.
My concern is to get a proper set, or is a "worn out" set ok or even an advantage like with front shock absorbers? I mean I guess there are some difference in a new and an old set of bars tension wise?
Or can all this be over looked? Get any set of 6 cyl bars and I should be good..
Nostalgia Racer here means SS Springs, long shock absorbers and adjustable pinion snubber on a 4-speed car. Tires 10,5X30" some…
Appreciate your thoughts around this.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Dose it matter? For drag racing you will be sitting on the bump stops anyways. Unless your carrying the front end, then I'd want as much torsion bar as I can get to keep my oil pan from meeting the track...

It does matter, a set that is played out will not release that stored energy the way a good set will.
Generally, you can tell how healthy a bar is by how straight it is. Bow=dead
I have them for sale if you need them.

Good to know. I just figured for racing they weren't doing much.

HA, Ha. I was just gonna PM you and ask if you were that Tony!
I just found your channel and subscribed, I realy enjoy your mix of comedy and information. Keep up the good work!

Thanks again for the disk brake set. I'd been looking for them for YEARS.

just in case folks dont know, Tony is a straight shooter and has a GREAT YouTube channel.
Quote, "take any part of your car and throw it up in the air. If it comes back down, its TO FUCKIN HEAVY!)

:rofl:
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

It does matter, a set that is played out will not release that stored energy the way a good set will.
Generally, you can tell how healthy a bar is by how straight it is. Bow=dead
I have them for sale if you need them.

Thank you. Well shipping is for Sweden via Central Fl. so not my first choice, but good to know...

Btw. are all (´68) A-Body SB bars the same, or did the 340 have any different?

340 cars came with Rally Suspension and stiffer bars were a part of the pkg
Every engine had it it's own bars, with some overlap at the top

With the additional front suspension travel, comes additional camber change, which creates additional toe change. Changing toe while accelerating, leads to squirrely steering. You might need to spend the better part of a day on an alignment rack.

Last edited:
-
Back