Schumacher kit
318/360 radiator
power steering pump/brackets from 318
Alt brackets from 318
radiator hoses
'72 Satellite kick down (its from a 318 2bbl),
Throttle cable

Am I missing anything?

Do I need a bracket for the throttle on the Carb?
I probably need the fuel line to go up to the carb, huh? (Edelbrock)

Could someone maybe send me a link of the part to get if I do?

As far as the front end, is it best to get the whole front end kit, or will new torsion bars be fine? (.92?)

Thanks! Please let me know what else I may need that I am not thinking of, or aware of.

Thanks much!!

What inch Throttle cable is need? I see Lokar only sells universal cables, 24" 36" and 48" Then I need the brackets then too, right?

Thanks again!

2 brl and 4 brl throttle cables and kickdown linkage differ. If you're going with aftermarket carb you may as well plan on aftermarket connections.
Got the car type oil pan for the 360 ? You may need the offset oil filter adapter too.
The suspension and steering is a different project for a differnt day. You dont even have to change the torsion bars right away.

im basically done with this swap and have everything done but the power steering in. Brackets from a 318 will work? sorry to hijack the thread i just need verification. is it possible to just use the 318 brackets on a 75 /6 pump?

Sounds like your pretty much good to go. I used a throttle cable from a V8 A body so IDK about the Lokar stuff. As mentioned the 2brl and 4brl kickdown is different, it can be modified but requires a welder and some spare parts. Have you verified that your /6 904 will bolt to the LA? I've always thought they did but I think I read something a while back that made it sound like they don't work, I'm not sure. You will probably need to get a flexplate depending on the balance of your motor and if the converter is balacned or if it's a neutral balance. Good luck

Slant 6 904 will not bolt up to a small block 318/360 , no adapters available that I know of,

Good luck with your swap We did our last year ,still working out some of the bugs Bob / Bryce

yep he beat me to it... the 904 trans from the slant will not work.
I swapped a 360 in place of my slant, however, I used a V8 k-member.
I used a original v-8 throttle cable from a Duster. Trans kick down is all done by Lokar kick down cable. The 318 power steering set up should work just fine, however, the slant stuff I wasnt able to make work. I actuall accumulated enough brackets and simulated the v8 style off a 318.
For the fuel line. Youshould have the metal tube that runs up the passenger side of the car from the tank and it stops along the frame rail near the fuel pump on the engine. From that tube run a 3/8 fuel line and use the steel braiding you can buy and wrap the fuel line and hook it to the pump. From the pump to the carb use 3/8 rubber fuel line and braid it with the stainless braiding and install a fuel filter as well. I was able to run the fuel line from the pump up between the alternator brackets where its protected from major heat and its safe. Looks good too. Just keep the stuff away from major heat.
I did upgrade my torsion bars, but like someone said that can all be done at a later date. What rear axle you have ? I assume 7 1/4" which is ok for a standard 360, but any HP behind it you will need to at least upgrade to a
8 1/4 rear end set up.

Sounds like your on your way to a v8.....have fun !

-RPM

Oh, no... I should have stated that! It's a 904 that was behind a 318 that I am having rebuilt. Still no one has the size of the stock throttle cable, huh?

Also I have a stock 8 1/4 3.21

Thanks!

hard to measure when the cable is in the car... I can try to see if I can do that....and let ya know.

-RPM

2 brl and 4 brl throttle cables and kickdown linkage differ. If you're going with aftermarket carb you may as well plan on aftermarket connections.
Got the car type oil pan for the 360 ? You may need the offset oil filter adapter too.
The suspension and steering is a different project for a differnt day. You dont even have to change the torsion bars right away.

Actually shouldnt have to use the offset oil filter adapter... I went /6 to 360 in my Dart, using a V8 k-member.. I just use the shorter oil filter. (The Fram number I cant remember at the moment) never had any problems.. and as far as the torsion bars go, I would change them whenever you can.. I left the /6 torsion bars in the Dart (still there to this day) but the car floats way too much up front.. and on Pennsylvania roads I tend to scrape off the ground all the time.. I have V8 bars for it.. they're goin in this winter...

Does Lokar have the metal piece that keeps the throttle cable and kickdown in place on the carb??

I also installed the Lokar kickdown AND bracket for both the kickdown and throttle on Monday.. it's easy and well worth the money... I'll post links in a minute...

im basically done with this swap and have everything done but the power steering in. Brackets from a 318 will work? sorry to hijack the thread i just need verification. is it possible to just use the 318 brackets on a 75 /6 pump?

I assume you have the Saginaw pump?

Make sure you know which pump you have...being that it is a 75, I think they were all Saginaws by then... you'll need a saginaw power steering bracket.. can you post pics of your pump? I'll help you from there... if you ask, there a lot of people that sell the brackets.. local junk yards and even us FABO members.. I even have extra brackets if you are interested :D

you know that's what I was thinking but I read someone was having issues at high RPM's with the 600. that's why I said 750. I didn't buy it yet so if someone has a better option please let me know! :)
thanks.

Well... O.k. I ordered those parts you told me too. The Lokar parts. Also I decided to get a new radiator from Autozone for $160.00 since I can't seem to find a good used one.
Thats about all for now.

Oh! I also took my 904 tranny in for a rebuild, shift kit, and 2400 stall. $650.00

Good on the Lokar setup!Very easy and will save alot of cursing!LOL.I ihad a Trans-go 2 sshift kit with a 2500 stall.The shift kit is working great,so I,m recommending it for your rebuild.Good Luck!

hmm... maybe I'll just keep this thread alive until the install is done? :)
It will be awhile though from the time I get all the parts together and the actual install. I am now figuring out which Clutch fan, and agonizing over which carb to get.
Oh I'm also wondering about headers since they are all terrible! Why spend all that money when they all suck?
I might just stick with $100.00 Summit headers!?! I have posted several separate topics with each of these issues. Still at no conclusion.

-
Back