/6 with headers???

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I am just getting into the /6 fun. I was going to do a 360 swap but now I'm not. I have a 71 Swinger with a 225/ that i am thinking of swaping in a super six set-up and putting headers on. I read that the exhaust manifold has the heat riser for the intake. So the question is for the 6'ers with headers.
-Do you have any issues with the way your car runs on the colder days?
-Do you need to let the car warm up longer?
-If you done the swap from cast to headers, are you glad that you swaped out?
Thanks all. Oh and I do go to the "other" site but I like this one much better.

I bought my 72 Dart /6 225 converted to Super 6 It had Hooker headers already installed and I do let it warm up a little before trying to drive it, it also has a manual choke.

72 Swinger 007.jpg

Thanks Duals.
Bowling Green is about an hour from me. Maybe when I can get mine running right we can hook up somewhere.

I love the looks of those slants w/ headers.......oh yea there is no other site,,,you were just Imagining it....did I spell that correct oh well...LOL

watch out for the clifford headers. they were warped out of the box and the hit my steering box. i had to make a 1/4 shim for the motor mounts to clear the top bolt of the steering box. eh what do you expect for 400 bucks.... quality?

P4122009.jpg

That slant looks sooooo good slant scamp, mopar red motor paint I assume?
That is the look I am going for. Nice sir.

thanks memike. i used vh1 dark red engine enamel. i think its lighter than the original red but i think it turned out alright.

thanks memike. i used vh1 dark red engine enamel. i think its lighter than the original red but i think it turned out alright.
Yes it did =P~ Thank you for the info =P~

Hi, Slant Scamp, WOW Amazing, You are doing a Great Job with the Engine and its set-up of Headers. Looks beautiful. I am doing Almost the Same thing at the moment Putting Headers and Painting the car white as well. I will Send you a picture when it is complete. Getting Ready for the Summer. Question - Is this A Swinger or is it a Scamp. Sweet Ride:snakeman:.

hey mopar king. thanks for the compliments. the slant six is in a 63 valiant wagon. i actually just sold my scamp today, but i dont think im going to change my screen name on here because i have had it too long. im trying to get mine done for the summer also.

This is my Barracuda before I swapped in the 360.

Slant6.jpg

There was a tube coming off cylinder #3 header tube that mounted to the bottom of my Offy intake that acted as the heat riser. Even so on 20 degree days it would take 3 or 4 miles of feathering the throttle before the engine was warmed up.

Clifford used to sell a carb spacer that you could hook up to one of the heater hoses to help warm the intake. May be worth checking to see if they still sell it.

Fffur#&$$ falcon sickes used a spacer that routed hot water under the carb. They used a simular 1 barrel holley carb, should fit. Sorry this computer refuses to spell ferud.

The Hookers on mine have a small riser that bolts the bottom of the intake. I don't know if they are still available.

Can't seem to get the attachment to work here.

If you use a stock super six air cleaner you can do a heated air hose.

hello everyone, I have a question. Right now my father and I already set up the headers and attached the manifold. on the manifold on the bottom there is an square opening and I was wonder if you had to cover the hole with something like a metal plate? I have a 1973 Plymouth scamp Slant 6 in near end project stage (almost finished in engine). The manifold that holds the carburator on the bottom side. just curious, I don't want the fumes or anything else coming out of the bottom, thanks you Guys / Gals .

Unless you can see right through it it will be fine. If you can see through the manifold it has a leak and will not work properly.
Frank

WOW, after a year this comes alive again. I forgot all abou this tread.

Anyway I have changed my mind and going with a Offy intake and headers (brand unknown).

Some of you may wish to pistol-whip me but I converted my Signet to electronic shortly after obtaining it in November, 2004. Did I use the tried and true Mopar ECU? No, I did not. I have a few of the 4 and 5-pin modules but but, alas, I also have a half-dozen of the expensive and rare but extremely reliable and compact (circa: 1982) HONDA modules. The installation was a natural fit with the 'H' module sitting on top of the right front frame rail - beneath the alternator and in very close proximity to the distributor. Regretfully, however, I only drove the car through the following 10 months until I parked it to do the body resto. Now, 4-1/2 years later (yikes, time flies!) I am determined to continue with what I started that long ago. Please check out this link and forgive me for my transgression. Having said this, I am NOT one of those 'pretend to be Mopar fans' who drives a Dodge/Plymouth car but also possess a different brand truck. Power Wagon all the way! http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/5337347856-1223355308-50109/gallery/page/1/15/

Having said this, I am NOT one of those 'pretend to be Mopar fans' who drives a Dodge/Plymouth car but also possess a different brand truck.

So, in order to be a true Mopar fan, every single one of your cars or trucks has to be a Mopar?

I didn't exactly say that, did I? What I should have 'clarified' is that I am talking about the 'big 3 North American' manufacturers. ie. Dodge, Ford and Generic Motors. I am not including the Toy-san trucks, especially the TuRD labelled ones. To make it even simpler, I will NOT own a Mopar race car and have the audacity to haul it around with a GM or Ford. Yes, I have friends who do just that but that is up to them, is it not? As far as only being a true Mopar fan by owning/driving ONLY Mopar vehicles, I couldn't think of a better testimonial. (I should have replied "your point being?")
By your own reasoning I suppose I should exclude myself from the 'true Mopar fan' list because one of my cars is a 26 year old RX7 that I purchased new and it now has 43K. orig. miles and collector status. Sadly, back in 1984 Mopar had nothing to offer me in that class of car. I was never a fan of front-drive so the Daytona/Laser was not an option. Let's hear from some of you who have owned a (Daytona,etc.) for 26 years, with original paint, interior, windshield, brake pads, suspension, exhaust, all running gear and has collector status.
I respect everyone's views and opinions but when I post something POSITIVE about Mopars, I don't expect (or appreciate) getting flamed over it (especially on a Mopar-oriented site). Maybe I should just stay at Allpar and call it a day. I thank you all for your time.

-
Back