60' help

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
1.66 60' on this pass, seems a little soft for a 7.35@94..
Or is that about right?

Thanks!
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-IeNIbiMg[/ame]

Need more info on your setup...engine,t.convertor,gears,tire size.Also what your using for suspension..springs,shocks.Weight transfer plays a big part with launches.

.030 over 440
10.5:1 440 source stock stroke rotating assembly
CNC stealth heads
Hughes cam .600 lift at valve 260*@.050
Victor intake
850 Holley
727 8" treemaster converter, yesterday flashed to 5000
4.56 gears and mt pro 275/60 radial at 17lb
Car is 3500 with me

Stock front end with probably Napa shocks.
Super stock springs/pinion snubber with the extended shocks

Set of 90/10 shocks up front...if you have the sway bar get rid of it. Do you need a radial tire ? What's your pinion angle ? I needed about 6 deg to get my ss springs to work okay..I think the best I could get with them was a 1.55 . Is it spinning ?

Doesn't feel like its spinning, many just slightly churns the tires, no sway bar, pinion has 5* as far as the tire yea, I street drive it alot so I like the mt radials. It has the new pro radial on it

Soft front end will help a lot for transfer if it's stiff, especially on the shock extension side . You foot braking it ?

You're not far off on 60's to et & MPH. Maybe in the .06-.08 range.

I think the engine is REALLY soft. That mill should be making in excess of 500hp and I doubt it's over 490 based on the et and mph. I'd guess the car should run over 100 in the 1/8th mile.

This is where the tuning fun begins. It may have too much timing if a closed chamber/quench build. I think I saw 38 total. It may want more initial and less total.

Easy enough to tune that, I'll have to give it a try....when timing it finding initial is tough BC it slightly jumps around...by 1 or 2 degrees

I'll guess it would take about 24+ initial. 20 is decent, it will likely run better with more.

If it's an MSD distributor, you need to get a bushing that allows less mechanical advance. I used to have 10* bushings, only have 14* now. You can make one with a file and drill, hillbilly lathe. :)

Crackedback I have to agree with you, it seems to me like the motor should be making more power, I'm sure the timing will help but there must be some other empty spots on the table with it somewhere

The Wallace racing calculator says you are making 451 hp according to your mph at the flywheel. And 464 hp based on your ET. At 3500 lbs.

I think your 60' is soft for sure. my car ran a 1.61 60' and only 90.9mph at the 1/8th and 7.48. my car has 450lb front springs and my shocks were set on 6 for both compression and rebound. my front end didn't move up at all on launch. id play with timing. i wonder if your pig rich on the low end?

Had 10 gal...5 of cam2 and 5 of 93, plugs looked ok not rich, next time the car goes out I'm gonna play with timing and secondary jets...maybe try smaller jets on the primaries?

Maybe I can scrounge up some 90/10s for the front as well

Goin thru the time slips and best 60 was 1.65 and 7.35@93
Still soft

Attachments

• 1440458249242-415020600.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 321
before you change anything i would have a buddy come up to the line and film your launch. could be stickin and just down on torque. where is the cam installed at? what is the cam profile? could benefit from being advanced.

Most of their big cams are +4, so they recommend 104 on a cam cut on a 108.

Putting it in even further ahead than that sometimes help low end if valve to piston clearance is good.

Be carefull jetting down in front, up in rear. You get the jet spread out of whack and it will create other issues. Any speckling on the porcelain?

Youngguns car leaves really well...

No speckling on plugs and jetting is 82 front 84 rear.....the carb came stock with 80s front and back

Does it have power valves front and rear. If it does and most 850 Holleys do, you need to remove and plug the rear PV and bump the rear jets to 8 sizes over the front jet. The reason for this is that much like the jets the PV comes uncovered at launch.

Also if the carb doesn't have rear jet extensions, get some in there.

Does it have power valves front and rear. If it does and most 850 Holleys do, you need to remove and plug the rear PV and bump the rear jets to 8 sizes over the front jet. The reason for this is that much like the jets the PV comes uncovered at launch.

Also if the carb doesn't have rear jet extensions, get some in there.
^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Yes it does have pv front and rear, I'll have to get hold of some jet extensions!

-
Back