61 valiant turn signals ??

-
Majority of these older vehicle fixtures get chassis ground through metal to metal contacts, nuts, bolts, and screws. So no actual ground wire is req'd or present. There are exceptions.
Rear fixtures are identical so if one needs a ground wire, the other does also. Is a missing ground wire the root of the problem? Have you diagnosed and proven the signal switch is the fault?
Or maybe this black wire comes from that aftermarket 3rd brake light? If so it should have been spliced into the green on one side and the yellow on the other.

So what is the right part number for this switch, I have found around 4 numbers for it ?

A update. I have found 2 numbers for this switch 207634/2096735. the second one after checking out the listing says it will fit my car and I found one locally for a good price. So will 2096735 fit my car ?

Its has been a while and I am waiting for a answer to my question as to part numbers ?

207634 is complete switch assembly. When looking at the assembly it has a smaller electrical switch ( wires, circuit board, contacts ) attached to its under side with 2 phillips head screws. As best I can tell 2096735 is that switch subassembly. So it alone could be replaced just like a cancel cam alone is often replaced. So... spend your coin to replace individual parts of a switch assembly ( short of its main body ) and hope for good results or replace the entire switch assembly.
I don't know how this is any different from buying a carb' rebuild kit then adding new float, vacuum choke pull, etc... that wasn't included in the kit. If the main body of the carb is worn out...
I can't look at your complete switch assembly to judge wear in its moving parts. If something rotates out of center or travel stops are worn, the new electrical bit might not live very long.
The big problem is what they want for the switch 207634 $$$$$. I look at it this way if you have a rare part for a popular car you can ask big bucks for it, but the rarity of these cars makes your market alot smaller so less chance of selling it and these guys bought it for peanuts. Thanks for the reply.

enough chit chat
This is not chit chat it is trying to get answers. Took the column apart and this looks like nothing that I have seen pictures of. I wonder could it be a 62 switch ? Am going to try and get some numbers off of it. Also this is all metal and almost no plastic .

After looking around it looks like part number 2196322 fits what I have. But it comes without wires and my biggest concern is how do they connect and do i have enough wire to be able to reconnect the new one ?

-
Back