63 Dart rear window gasket

-

Optik

Reaction score
does anyone make a rear window gasket for a 63 Dart? the window is smaller than 64-66...will something else work? what have you guys with 63's done for a replacment? i have a decent used gasket from a 65, would it be possible to cut it down to fit the 63?
thanks,
-tim

I have not found anyone who makes a replacement gasket for the 63. I sent mine to Steele rubber products for evaluation. They said they were going to make it, but have not heard a word in 2 months. Call Steele and ask for Eddie Lial, he is the guy.

does anyone make a rear window gasket for a 63 Dart? the window is smaller than 64-66...will something else work? what have you guys with 63's done for a replacment? i have a decent used gasket from a 65, would it be possible to cut it down to fit the 63?
thanks,
-tim
Hey Tim, Still looking, but if I find at the yard he may want to sell glass too. I'll check to see my repro sources too. Is the 63 a 4 door, right?8)

thanks john! i sure appreciate it. i think i might try to get out for the rising sun show, i'll let you know.
-tim

I spent almost 3 years collecting parts for my 63 dart and that was the only item that i could not buy new.. had to reuse my old one.. i soaked it real good while it was out of the car for paint then reused it.. still have to install the lock insert...

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 002.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 006.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 010.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 012.jpg

Dart New Stance 5-3-09 014.jpg

thanks john! i sure appreciate it. i think i might try to get out for the rising sun show, i'll let you know.
-tim
Hey Tim, going out to the yard tomarrow. Will be checking for your gasket. I'm pulling a 67 windshield & gasket for ABodyBetty's 67. I'll ask the guy how much for your's. Shouldn't be much, you know how we work, but you'll have to bring the beer on pick up!,
Oh!, we can negotiate that paint job!! LOL
John

I used one from JCWHITNEY on my 63. I just matched up the profile of the old one to a picture of the ones in their magazine and it was a perfect match. I also got the chrome insert from them too. Sorry I don't have a part number but it was fairly easy to match it up and I believe I got everything for less than 60$

I spent almost 3 years collecting parts for my 63 dart and that was the only item that i could not buy new.. had to reuse my old one.. i soaked it real good while it was out of the car for paint then reused it.. still have to install the lock insert...
When are you going to take that gem down the track? Jayson

-tim
Hey Dude
Good news, was at the yard today lookie what I fouded!

The crack in the gasket corner is where the gasket is put together at manufacturing. Overall looks ok. I have to pull a windshield for ABB's 67 early next week maybe Sunday. You want? I pull. Give me a call or PM. The 2 pics when you were here. Also the van with the camper is original and available! Also 8 door Dodge at the yard.

See Ya!!!8)

Tims 63 gasket.jpg

Tims car.jpg

Tims car 2.jpg

Tims van.jpg

-
Back