'63 Valiant driver

-

djMikulec

Ye Olde MoPar Nutte
Reaction score
Dave from Kentucky here.

This here's my first A body, and my first /6 since the 63 Belvedere I picked up back in high school - a long, long time ago. ;)

Car was a local find (via eBay) and came to me with 28,000+ miles on the odometer. All original, down to the interior and trunk mat. Looks like she was purchased new in South Carolina, came to Kentucky in the early 80s and was last registered here in '91.

She'll be a driver.

Needs drivers floor work, brakes and a radiator. Everything else is intact.

My other classic is a 57 Belvedere, tore down for restoration. Slowly.

8)

Pearl_2.jpg

Pearl_3.jpg

looks like a great start. really low miles on it.

I have a 63 2 door, no post. Do you need the 13" wheel covers? You can have them for postage, if needed. I also have extra front grille and trunk emblems, if you need them. I went with the 14" rallye wheels.

I'll have to take you up on that wheel cover offer. Thanks! 8)

I have a 63 2 door, no post. Do you need the 13" wheel covers? You can have them for postage, if needed. I also have extra front grille and trunk emblems, if you need them. I went with the 14" rallye wheels.

Oh, I forgot to mention:

If your door weatherstrip needs to be replaced--the Chevy Berretta rubber is an almost exact duplicate. These are easily found in a junk yard.

George

Thanks for the tip (and sorry for the late reply). All my gaskets and weatherstripping are intact and in good shape. In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to get the one piece seal off that goes over the sill plate. It's in fantastic condition but it goes right over the plate with no breaks. I hope I don't have to cut it but I need to get those plates off.

WOW nice find keep those back up lenses there almost impossible to find! Are you talking about the chrome plate on top of the door or the ones on the rain gutters?

Jeff

Dave: just looked at my rubber sealing over that plate; on all 4 doors mine has been cut, maybe it has been replaced somewhere down the line. The rubber is glued to the bottom (flat) plate. the metal piece that goes into the cabin is separate. You should be able (famous last words) to peel/pry the rubber off and then remove the plate without any problem. Steve
Black_Car66337375286-iaza.jpg

Valliants27709154064-iaza.jpg

Thanks Steve. Guess it's time I gave it a closer look. :-D

Nice color combo on your Valiant BTW. 8)

Dave: just looked at my rubber sealing over that plate; on all 4 doors mine has been cut, maybe it has been replaced somewhere down the line. The rubber is glued to the bottom (flat) plate. the metal piece that goes into the cabin is separate. You should be able (famous last words) to peel/pry the rubber off and then remove the plate without any problem. Steve

Dave: the rubber seal has 2 parts; the cylinder shaped piece that is visable connected to rubber that is stuffed in the gap between the 2 plates. I would loosen the bottom plate and see what happens, the rubber should peel off easily and stay in place! which is always good. Best

-
Back