64 Dart SB Block Headers? yes/no

-

macman340

Reaction score
I just purchased a 64 Dart Convertible, 273, auto! I was wandering if anyone has had success using a Hot Rod block header? I have seen posts about Headman Shorty Headers that can work with a mini starter but no # & haven't been able to find them! I do not want to use fenderwells! Any and all help would be excepted! This is a street car!
Thanks

Doubt they will work on an early Abody. They are very tight engine bays. Doug's and Tti make headers for those cars.

Center dump block huggers have zero chance of working. Since Dakota manifolds will work with some judicious grinding, perhaps a Dakota shorty header MIGHT fit but that's a pricey crapshoot. The biggest restriction in the stock manifolds is the ball connection for the head pipes where the manifold outlet necks down to 1 1/2". If that ball were removed the manifold outlet would be roughly 2 1/8" and there would be plenty of meat to use a gasketed 2 bolt pipe flange. If you want to try this, I have a set of manifolds I will send you to act as guinea pigs. LMK...

Thank you so far! Just starting the process & budget, but it looks like the Doug's might be the way too go , I was just hoping to find something simpler and less expensive!

-
Back