64 Valiant

-

Commando66

She's a beaut Clark!
Reaction score
I just bought this cute little V200. Preety great car, no rust! It's a slant 6, push button. After a couple hours with the buffer today, it looks like the paint will be presentable.

64 Valiant 002.jpg

WOW!!!

My FAVORITE A Body car... I had a '64 (white) V-100 post back in the early '70s.... dropped a '71 340 into it, and had more fun than the law allows!!!

I am sooo jealous! :)

Just FYI, in case you might not know.... the EARLY A bodies (like yours) don't need a "K-Member" change to bolt a 340/360 motor into them. Just bolt it in and add headers... Oh, the slant 6 cars MIGHT need a different tie rod, not sure about that. The original V8 cars had a little "dip" in the center of the tie rod for pan clearance, but that's no big deal...

No flies on the leaning tower of power, though; I had a buddy with a HyperPak that ran low 15's on the street. Won a lot of money with that car.... lol!

Congratulations; the paint looks GREAT, as does the rest of the car!!!

Have fun...

Bill

Welcome to this great site Commando66.
That is a very sharp looker you have there.:cheers:
I see you have the nice chrome trim that goes back to your rear bumper.
I hope you hang around and keep us updated and enjoy this great site.
Here are the early A's that has made life great for me.

The 66 "Victoria" is my cute little driver that feel from the sky and got
my blood pumping again. Thanks members.:-D
The 63 found another home so I could start building my new home.

cook and fish 091.jpg

cook and fish 1091.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm not new to A-bodies. This is my first car and still have it, just hasn't been on the road in afew years.

66 Cuda 1.jpg

66 Cuda 3.jpg

That's a terrific-looking 'Cuda.... sharp in every detail.... but, I like the Valaint better. LOL!
Guess I'm just partial to that clean design they had in '64.

Tell us about the Barracuda; it looks, er.... "interesting!" :)

Both are GREAT looking cars. Would love to see more pics of them when you get a chance!!

Oh what sleeper potential....I wonder if you can get whitewall slicks?
That's a real good score! I'll bet you have a ton of fun with it. Congrats!
alan627b

Sweet Valiant, love your Cuda too. Show off more pics of the Cuda too, it's beautiful. Two A-bodies must be better than one, even sweeter you've got two early As, nice job:cheers:

Very nice Cars, I do like the blue, very nice. I like your 66 also, I too would like to see more pics of that car.

I only have a couple old pics that i scanned. The Barracuda has a 360, 904, custom headers, mini-tubs, frame connectors, 4 wheels discs, etc. It's torn apart right now so no current pics.

66 Cuda 2.jpg

66 Cuda 4.jpg

66 Cuda 5.jpg

Thats an absolutley gorgeous -66 Barracuda. :thumbup:
I´ll be happy if mine will look half as good when done.

Oh,man...The Barracuda looks exactly right to me. Guess you have converted to the large bolt pattern ?

A friend in the Seattle area made the headers. I've since sold that set and have a new set of 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" step headers.

I have a Wilwood front conversion for my Valiant. How do you like your set up? Any tips on the conversion?

I really like mine. I'm not mechanically minded at all, and the kit really made it easy. I had some help running fresh brake lines, but the rest of it was a very easy swap. I will say to watch the diameter of the bearing cap. It was way too big for my stock 13" steelies and I ended up needing new wheels. By the time I was done, I'd converted the whole thing to LBP (which was actually a really good thing when all was said and done).

The stopping power is remarkably better than stock. I wouldn't think of driving without the conversion now.

I got my Barracuda parts car home. I like getting whole cars because you get all the little parts. The guy I got it from tore into the engine in 1979 and didn't move again until last week. I'm taking all the V8 conversion parts, buckets and probably selling whatever else is salvagable. This may not seem too bad for you East coast guys but this is hands down the rustiest a-body I have seen!

165.jpg

167.jpg

wow that is a parts car,,,,comando where are you located????

the radio antenna looks orignal,,if the cable is good save it some one will buy it trust me,,,,

-
Back