65 Barracuda brake question.

-

piperdrums

Reaction score
I recently bought my 65 Cuda V8 273, it has front disc brakes with a dual reservoir master cylinder non power. Is this stock for this car?

Thanks.

Could be because disc were an option starting in 65!! How bout a pic or 2!! One of the M/C and maybe one of the front brake with the wheel off!!

Disc brakes were available on a 1965 Barracuda. They would be Kelsey Hayes small bolt pattern if they are original. I am not sure when the dual master cylinder started but I think it would be correct on your disc brake car.

Could be because disc were an option starting in 65!! How bout a pic or 2!! One of the M/C and maybe one of the front brake with the wheel off!!

Exactly. These cars are about 50 years old now. We cant assume any part is OEM today.

If the disc brakes were original, the master cylinder would have been single in 1965 and 1966. If you are driving it, I would keep the dual master cylinder.

factory 65 disk (dealer installed option) would have the same single pot M/C with a "donut" add on reservoir on top and a longer cap bolt. Keep the Dual, its a better safer setup. make sure you have a combo or proportioning valve somewhere. I got mine off a disk/drum car.

Wish my Formula S had that set-up. I have drums all around

-
Back