65 Barracuda exhaust

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
OK Guy's,

Where can I get a complete dual exhaust for a 65 Barracuda... From the exhaust manifolds on back. Don't need the resonator.

Thanx!

Accurate Exhaust has the parts. Buy them separately and not as a kit, it's cheaper that way. I got those same parts for my '65 Formula S. For some reason though the only problem I had was that the engine pipe and the pipe over the axle were too long with the muffler I got, which I thought was the correct one, and I had to cut some off each pipe. Other then that all the bends were correct and a good fit. It gives a nice little rumble at idle but is quiet at speed.

TTI also has a kit 2 1/2 pipe dual exhaust. Crappy clearance issues around everything in the front, but nothing that can't be fixed. Single exhaust is what I should have installed.

Does the accurate exhaust come in duals or is it the single HP exhaust from the formula S cars?

I put the single HP kit on my Dart. It fit perfect and sounds good. If you want it a bit louder you might want to replace the kit muffler with a Magnaflow or the like. I see they now offer a Magnum muffler. The video sounds a but loud but it really isn't in real life.

http://www.accurateltd.com/A-Body-HiPo-Exhaust-System_p_195.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v555B5_uBJ4"]YouTube[/ame]

Are you trying to be original or not? As my 65 Formula S has a 318 painted to look like a 273 and dual exhaust that was custom fit to it by a exhaust company. Simple nothing special dual pipes right from manifolds out to the back, very nice and with a simple not so quite mufflers that give it a nice varoom varoom, but not too loud! It made no sense to try and go back to the original dual exhaust that goes into one big single on the left side as you can not find the correct exhaust end piece for it easily! However if the car is truly original go for it!

65 Cudalover

I haven't seen a factory dual exhaust on an A-body prior to the 67 MY. The reason they didn't do this is because the TB cross member is designed to clear the pipes only on the drivers' side. The 66 and earlier A-body cars I've seen with duals either had the PAX side routed over to the clearance area and back across under the transmission or had the pipe routed under the TB cross member on the PAX side. All who I have spoken to about the under X-member installation have reported that the pax side pipe is vulnerable and had either been flatened or ripped off.

As for the single system, my experience is that there were two different mufflers used. The 65 273-4 used a straight through muffler similar to a Dynomax Ultra-Flo, the later cars used a low restriction reverse flow muffler not unlike a generic "Turbo". The 65s sounded sweet, but were loud. IMO, that's why Mopar toned it down. My 66 GT had the reverse flow muffler. Had I kept the car, I would have put in the Dynomax.

-
Back