65 Cuda on a USED CAR LOT!

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
When was the last time you were driving down the road and see a 1965 Barracuda on a used car lot? For me, it was today! $5000, SWEET!

In Alabaster,Alabama and I's be glad to check it out for anyone. Wish I had $5k!

Attachments

• 0914131626.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 307
Not too high at all. To buy one and paint it would cost way more than $5000.

Not too high at all. To buy one and paint it would cost way more than $5000.
this may be true, but we have no clue if they even shot the door jams, trunk, underhood area or what drivetrain is in it. Hell, I wouldn't pay 5k for a car that has a bone stock slant in it at all, or a motor that smokes like a chimney.

A few years ago, I was driving by a Pontiac dealership. Right on the front row, of used cars, was a 1969 polara 4dr hdt. Stoped to look at it, looked pretty good, paint a little worn, but otherwise not bad. 318 auto, 52,000 miles on the clock, with a couple of options. Just for s**ts and giggles I asked the salesman what they wanted for it, $4000.00 Told him I didn't have near that amount of "play money" available. He said "make an offer". Hit him with a "lowball" of $2,000, just to get out of there. Salesman, tells me "let me check", and makes a phone call. Puts down the phone, and says "cash deal, done". Went to the bank, got the money, did the deal. I had not even driven the car. Dealer lent me a deaer tag, so I could drive the car home. There was a book in the glove box, with maint records, and the original selling dealers, window sticker. It was a great car. Drove it a few years, to cruises and such. I had to keep the car out in the weather, so I wound up selling it to someone from out of state, and it now resides in a heated/ AC garage. I couldn't believe the salesman didn't even try to haggle.

Price is right by the one photo. Hell go check on the price for a gallon of single stage red and you will be shocked at how much paint cost now.

I thought that price was actually cheap for a dealer!......as long as it's not a pile of bondo & rust under that bright red paint.

If it's an Alabama car it may be pretty rust-free. $5000 is not bad when you think of what ordinary, boring cars you could buy for the same money. But it's hard to tell from one pic.

My 65 was at a used car dealership in Marina, California back in 2000.

Go check it out and give us more detail. Badging says it is a V8, looks like it might have some rear spring problems, but it might be the best car on the lot.

I got my Demon at a South Georgia Chevy dealer that had been traded in for a new truck 1 yr ago.

I'd be interested in more info, too.

Looks like it sits a stock height.

We all know what to llok for on those right?

Rust or bondo on A pillars, rusted cowl and vent, transmission mount, frame horns, deck lid, under the "fin" chrome, around the windows, under the hood lip...and of course the quarters

Bit of a drive for me, but the wife LOVES those.

Most of the time, dealers won't have anything in these cars, if they were trade-ins.
If that dealer got it as a trade or someone sold it to him, he was in it right & decided that a coat of paint would make it more appealing (Restored ).

I bought a 1974 Duster with 20K miles in the early nities for 1500.00 from a Dodge dealer in Tulsa.
I had read an ad for this car & it was priced at 2995.00.
Drove over to look at it thru the sleet & snow.
It was a base-base car, small /6, 3speed on the colum, & no options.
It was 20K car, 1-owner (local trade) & looked it. I wanted it for a 1974 360/4-speed clone.
Told the guy that I would give him 1500 for it, & explained that I was probably the only customer that he was going to see that day.
They took my 1500.

Bought another car when I was doing a stint running my Father-in-law's carlot.
A local lady brought in a 1965 Dart GT, 273 V8-auto.
I knew this car, It had been in this town as long as I have lived there.
Her dad had bought it new from the local Dodge dealer & had been in the family ever since.
It was a 70K mile car in really good shape.
I paid what she wanted, 500.00.
Her son didn't want to drive it, he was turning 16 & wanted a Honda.
I fliped that car on EBAY.

This was an older resto by the owner who sold it to the dealer (I think he said estate car) It is a v-8 auto with working a/c. Runs and drives nice. NO rust to speak of. I can go check it out Friday afternoon.

This was an older resto by the owner who sold it to the dealer (I think he said estate car) It is a v-8 auto with working a/c. Runs and drives nice. NO rust to speak of. I can go check it out Friday afternoon.

Sounds like it may be a score for someone.

-
Back