65 Dart Charger on way home after bodywork and paint

-

65ChargerDart

65ChargerDart
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Attached is a photo of my 65 Dart Charger waiting for the tow truck to bring her home.
Will get the firewall pieces installed, then engine, K member and suspension installed and return it to H & M Auto Care to have the fenders and front valance installed.
65 Dart Charger completed bodywork and paint[1].jpg

More photos:
20180407_002427[1].jpg
20180409_170347[1].jpg
20180416_164525[1].jpg

wow looks awesome love that color!
Thanks!
It's color code #881 and was special order (999) for Dart Chargers produced at the Los Angeles plant in late '64 to early '65. Mine was born 22 December, 1964.
65DartCharger is the expert on these cars and knows infinitely more about them than me.

I believe that is my old dart charger I had back in the 80's from milwaukee wi. looking good ! I installed the 273 four barrel emblems on the fenders . Factory AC car also. Ivory/gold interior . auto .

I believe that is my old dart charger I had back in the 80's from milwaukee wi. looking good ! I installed the 273 four barrel emblems on the fenders . Factory AC car also. Ivory/gold interior . auto .
That's it!
I bought it from Josh Kanas (sp), who lives on a farm northwest of Milwaukee.
It was a mess when I bought it. Some previous owner had put 8:1 pistons, a 318 intake and a carb from a 383 on it. The engine was so far gone I junked it. There was no suspension on it...most of the rubber suspension was worn away. I drove it to my cousin's in Ft. Wayne, IN and we changed the oil, replaced a diff seal and brake shoes and I drove it 750 miles to Fortson, GA with no strut rod bushings. Apply the brakes and it was a mystery on where it was going to wander. Traveling at 55 mph, as fast as I dared, made the entire trip a long one!

old Dartcharger tan.jpg
That's it!
I bought it from Josh Kanas (sp), who lives on a farm northwest of Milwaukee.
It was a mess when I bought it. Some previous owner had put 8:1 pistons, a 318 intake and a carb from a 383 on it. The engine was so far gone I junked it. There was no suspension on it...most of the rubber suspension was worn away. I drove it to my cousin's in Ft. Wayne, IN and we changed the oil, replaced a diff seal and brake shoes and I drove it 750 miles to Fortson, GA with no strut rod bushings. Apply the brakes and it was a mystery on where it was going to wander. Traveling at 55 mph, as fast as I dared, made the entire trip a long one!
I had sold it to josh's dad (Larry) . josh took ownership of it when his dad died . Josh must of been hard on it . I heard about the 8.8 pistons later when I sold it . The car was paint a solid tan color before I purchased it. also a white vinyl top. I bought it from a used car lot in milwaukee . Overall , It was a nice car when I owned it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715221304
I had sold it to josh's dad (Larry) . josh took ownership of it when his dad died . Josh must of been hard on it . I heard about the 8.8 pistons later when I sold it . The car was paint a solid tan color before I purchased it. also a white vinyl top. I bought it from a used car lot in milwaukee . Overall , It was a nice car when I owned it.
I saw on the fender tag where it had come with a white vinyl top from the factory, and saw evidence of it when I removed the black vinyl top. It wouldn't have looked very good with light yellow paint and a white top to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Josh's dad was there when I purchased the car from them. Neither of them knew anything about MOPARs and I knew a lot less than I thought I did.

here is another dart charger I picked up here in milwaukee wi back in 2000 . commando with auto black interior.

scan dart charger #2.jpg

another pic when I had the dart charger 1980
's

View attachment 1715221909
That's it! Unfortunately, someone hit something and dented an area from the driver's side rear lower door to the wheel opening and the rocker panel. Then, whoever did the poor repair painted both rear quarter panels and the C pillars and roof in a slightly different color base coat/clear coat paint so the car had two different paint shades.
Anyway, it's all better now and going back together.

Nice find on the second Dart Charger!

That's it! Unfortunately, someone hit something and dented an area from the driver's side rear lower door to the wheel opening and the rocker panel. Then, whoever did the poor repair painted both rear quarter panels and the C pillars and roof in a slightly different color base coat/clear coat paint so the car had two different paint shades.
Anyway, it's all better now and going back together.

Nice find on the second Dart Charger!
Larry had told me about the accident he had ,, I couldn't believe how the repainted it either.

-
Back