65 Dart Conv.

-

old dog

Reaction score
Not sure what the trim piece is called but it appears that I am missing a piece on each side of my convertible top at each top corner above the header gasket. There are two empty screw holes there and I can not get the gasket set I bought to cover the top corner were the conv top meets the top of the A post. Any suggestions or does anyone have these parts available.
Thanks, Tim

Not sure what the trim piece is called but it appears that I am missing a piece on each side of my convertible top at each top corner above the header gasket. There are two empty screw holes there and I can not get the gasket set I bought to cover the top corner were the conv top meets the top of the A post. Any suggestions or does anyone have these parts available.
Thanks, Tim
Shot a picture of the area please!

is it the wings that help hold down the header seal? if so I have the tracing stashed somewhere around here in my mess
0803121714.jpg
0803121714b.jpg
0803121729.jpg
0803121730.jpg

is it the wings that help hold down the header seal? if so I have the tracing stashed somewhere around here in my mess
View attachment 1715077835 View attachment 1715077836 View attachment 1715077837 View attachment 1715077838
View attachment 1715077835 View attachment 1715077836 View attachment 1715077837 View attachment 1715077838
copied your template, sized it and made them.
Thanks, Tim

copied your template, sized it and made them.
Thanks, Tim
You are welcome, that's what this forum is for. That thin inner stub fits right with the long header channel you might have to tweak it (I had to file the corners square for it to fit really good to the seal.) what is weird is that it's the first almost complete piece that I have found on over 7 63-66 convertibles and most of them did not have one.

You are welcome, that's what this forum is for. That thin inner stub fits right with the long header channel you might have to tweak it (I had to file the corners square for it to fit really good to the seal.) what is weird is that it's the first almost complete piece that I have found on over 7 63-66 convertibles and most of them did not have one.
If you have any 66 parts for sale I need a couple.
Either way, thanks again for the help.
Tim

-
Back