65 Dart Convertible Door Card Speakers

-

PA65Dart

Reaction score
Has anyone installed speakers on the door card of a 1965 Dodge Dart Convertible? I am looking for best placement (front or rear of door), tips, pictures, etc.
Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't put speakers anywhere in the door. Towards the rear, they're muffled by the seat cushions, towards the front they're susceptible to damage from your feet when entering/exiting the vehicle. Plus the shock they take every time the door slams. And the need to run a constantly flexing wire harness through the hinged end of the door, not good long term. If you are determined to have door mounted speakers, put them towards the front with good, heavy grilles on them.
Seriously consider mounting them in the kick panel. 66Dvert makes nice molded ones for an early A.
Molded Early A glove boxes .(MADE A GOOD one finally)
Pictures about at post #7.

Has anyone installed speakers on the door card of a 1965 Dodge Dart Convertible? I am looking for best placement (front or rear of door), tips, pictures, etc.
Thanks
I'd like to say that any size speaker you try to install in the front part of the door will involve cutting the door metal behind the card. I have a couple of cars with this done to them( not by me ) if i needed any other music than a nice sounding engine, i would try to get creative and hide a couple of speakers under the dash where i wouldn't have to cut my doors up. That's just me. :)

Personally, I wouldn't put speakers anywhere in the door. Towards the rear, they're muffled by the seat cushions, towards the front they're susceptible to damage from your feet when entering/exiting the vehicle. Plus the shock they take every time the door slams. And the need to run a constantly flexing wire harness through the hinged end of the door, not good long term. If you are determined to have door mounted speakers, put them towards the front with good, heavy grilles on them.
Seriously consider mounting them in the kick panel. 66Dvert makes nice molded ones for an early A.
Molded Early A glove boxes .(MADE A GOOD one finally)
Pictures about at post #7.
Thanks - sent a message to 66dvert

I'd like to say that any size speaker you try to install in the front part of the door will involve cutting the door metal behind the card. I have a couple of cars with this done to them( not by me ) if i needed any other music than a nice sounding engine, i would try to get creative and hide a couple of speakers under the dash where i wouldn't have to cut my doors up. That's just me. :)
Thanks - Love your comment "If I needed any other music than a nice sounding engine"

-
Back