65 Formula S Hubcaps with Lug Nuts - WIW

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a set of 65 14 inch Formula S hubcaps with correct lug nuts on my 65 Valiant convertible and thinking of swapping to Rallyes. So what are the hubcaps AND lug nuts worth should I decide to swap?

I have a set of rallye wheels if you want to trade or buy? 14x5.5

Got a set of 65 14 inch Formula S hubcaps with correct lug nuts on my 65 Valiant convertible and thinking of swapping to Rallyes. So what are the hubcaps AND lug nuts worth should I decide to swap?

ide keep those 14 in orignal wheel covers,,the 14 inch are hard to find these days,,,,

I agree to hang on to them- Value is dependant on how nice they are- but they are really hard to find. Box them up and keep them. You can always find rallye wheels- but can't fine the 14" wheels...... You may not want them today, but some day in the future????? I'd rahter have the hubcaps than the $$$ I could get selling them.

hey are these avaiable and the same as used on the Barracuda Formula s??? If so I could use them I have maybe 2 good ones but would take the set

hey are these avaiable and the same as used on the Barracuda Formula s??? If so I could use them I have maybe 2 good ones but would take the set

The set that I have on my Valiant are for the 14 inch wheels as found on the Formula S (hard to find). There was also the same style hubcap and used the same long lug nuts but were for the 13 inch wheel (hubcaps much easier to find). I have over time accumulated maybe 10 of the Formula S caps - the 4 that are on the Valiant and 4 plus spares for the 65 Barracuda (all are in great shape with little to no curb rash). I have not made a decision on whether to sell them or not - general member consensus was to hold on to them as they are hard to find. I offered my oldest son the Barracuda as his inheritance and he wants the Formula S hubcaps since they have the Valiant emblem in the center cap. My youngest son wants the Valiant but prefers Rallye wheels instead of the hubcaps. If I decide to sell a set of 4, rest assured they'll be offered here on FABO before going to epay.

I can appreciate what you are doing. I have 4 children and 4 cudas,which 2 are restored and I am working on finishing this one.
I have as I stated 4 and maybe 2 are useable so I am very interested when and if the time comes you may part with them.
They are hard to find and I am searching far and wide so I will come up with atleast 2 if not 4 so I can have a few spares.
I just have come too far not to do this car correct. I appreciate your response and applaud your kids and you for helping preserve our hobby and passion.

Thanks
Gordon in Texas

The set that I have on my Valiant are for the 14 inch wheels as found on the Formula S (hard to find). There was also the same style hubcap and used the same long lug nuts but were for the 13 inch wheel (hubcaps much easier to find). I have over time accumulated maybe 10 of the Formula S caps - the 4 that are on the Valiant and 4 plus spares for the 65 Barracuda (all are in great shape with little to no curb rash). I have not made a decision on whether to sell them or not - general member consensus was to hold on to them as they are hard to find. I offered my oldest son the Barracuda as his inheritance and he wants the Formula S hubcaps since they have the Valiant emblem in the center cap. My youngest son wants the Valiant but prefers Rallye wheels instead of the hubcaps. If I decide to sell a set of 4, rest assured they'll be offered here on FABO before going to epay.

My dad was lucky enough to score a NOS set of 4 for $200 :cheers: The set he has on his 66 Cuda now were almost NOS (NOS take-offs), got them in 1987 real cheap, along with the mint wide rims and lugs.

He also got an almost NOS exhaust system from the y-pipe to the chrome resonator, all he had to do was trade his old dual exhaust fot it!! Got this from the same guy as the rims and caps.

I would think if your caps have no curb rash and the centers and paint are nice, $300 -$400 easy.

WOW THAT IS AMAZING TELL ME DOES HE WANT TO GET RID OF THE OLD ONES AND PUT THE NOS ONES ON???
ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHERE i CAN FIND THE MOLDED INSULATION????

My dad was lucky enough to score a NOS set of 4 for $200 :cheers: The set he has on his 66 Cuda now were almost NOS (NOS take-offs), got them in 1987 real cheap, along with the mint wide rims and lugs.

He also got an almost NOS exhaust system from the y-pipe to the chrome resonator, all he had to do was trade his old dual exhaust fot it!! Got this from the same guy as the rims and caps.

I would think if your caps have no curb rash and the centers and paint are nice, $300 -$400 easy.

Ive got an absolutley mint set that came off my Cuda that will be going back on soon. The set on my wagon that have some curbage but are in driver condition....that I picked up for free. I converted to RH lugs and was able to find lugnuts for $1.50 each new. I almost never pass up 'S' wheels (14x5.5) and currently have the original set (with unused spare) on the Cuda and a full set of 5 on my wagon. I think Im into the wheels, tires (215/70 Hankook H714), wheelcovers, and lugs like $120....but I stocked up on tires during the cash for clunkers run in the wreckingyards....gotta love rangers, aerostars, and s-10's....I think I pulled five, might as well be new sets, over the course of a week....3 sets of hankooks and 2 sets of 215/70-14 toyo eclipse's:bootysha:

so so you want to get rid of the formula s hub caps????
Prefer the best I can get without any road rash

QUOTE=CUDAGUY;1043644]Ive got an absolutley mint set that came off my Cuda that will be going back on soon. The set on my wagon that have some curbage but are in driver condition....that I picked up for free. I converted to RH lugs and was able to find lugnuts for $1.50 each new. I almost never pass up 'S' wheels (14x5.5) and currently have the original set (with unused spare) on the Cuda and a full set of 5 on my wagon. I think Im into the wheels, tires (215/70 Hankook H714), wheelcovers, and lugs like $120....but I stocked up on tires during the cash for clunkers run in the wreckingyards....gotta love rangers, aerostars, and s-10's....I think I pulled five, might as well be new sets, over the course of a week....3 sets of hankooks and 2 sets of 215/70-14 toyo eclipse's:bootysha:[/QUOTE]

the sets I have I have a use for, however, I snatch up any I can find so I may wind up with more soon, I will let you know.

the sets I have I have a use for, however, I snatch up any I can find so I may wind up with more soon, I will let you know.
I've converted my very nice '65 GT 273 commando to the front rotor dbl. master 8-3/4 rear end so of course the rotor system that I got off of e-bay last fall (from a '65 cuda) required I go to 14" SBP wheels which I found in great shape, had them sand blasted and powder coated (little overkill) but not expecting to find the correct 14" hubcaps exact '65 GT style easily, was happy to find locally on Craig'slist that week 6-14" hubcaps from the '68 Coronet. They are all perfect with the Dodge logo painted center and they only cost me $50. bucks. I've still got the full body paint resto money-pit to do so I haven't even put them on yet to see how I fell they look. Anyone have an opinion that I will look goofy with those off year caps? I'm just glad that I have something Dodge to cover the bare wheel look if it takes me a few years to get show perfect '65 caps.

-
Back