66 Barracuda manifold Vacuum fitting - looking for replacement

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure what this is called. And of course, I can not find to replace it

This is a the 3/8 NPT to hose barb manifold vacuum fitting - that connects the manifold to the performance (vacuum) gauge

Mine is old and some what damaged and I would like to replace it. But, I can not find anywhere. Most of the hose barb's diameter is to large. I found some listed at 6mm, but this should be closer to 3mm or 1/8th of an inch

Anyone know where to buy replacements or alternatives?

IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9971.JPG

Only fitting I could find locally was brass and for a larger hose ( I forget exactly what size, 1/4 maybe ). I had a plastic stepped adapter here to put in the line but didn't need it. With a light coat of grease I shoved the factories smaller hose a good 2 inches deep inside the larger hose. Works fine, no vacuum leak.

Sorry, not sure what this is called. And of course, I can not find to replace it

This is a the 3/8 NPT to hose barb manifold vacuum fitting - that connects the manifold to the performance (vacuum) gauge

Mine is old and some what damaged and I would like to replace it. But, I can not find anywhere. Most of the hose barb's diameter is to large. I found some listed at 6mm, but this should be closer to 3mm or 1/8th of an inch

View attachment 1715282235

View attachment 1715282236

View attachment 1715282237

View attachment 1715282238
Is yours cracked? I would very carefully straighten it and reinstall.

That would be a piece of cake to make for any machinist if you can't find one. Pic is fuzzy but it just looks like the barb is epoxied into the base. I'd start over with a brass fitting and turn the barb from brass or copper tube and then braze/solder it in place.

I don't think it is cracked, just bent. The vacuum line was somewhat eroded to the barb and was bent pulling the line off - which broke above the barb

I don't know if I ever saw one of these in a slant 6 manifold that wasn't bent a little.

View attachment 1715282235

View attachment 1715282236

View attachment 1715282237

View attachment 1715282238

If you want a new one it's your lucky day. Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

Yeah $30 is pricey (probably because of the air grabber). Hmmm a 1st gen with an air grabber, that would be cool

I went a head and bought the vacuum port connector from Bill Rolik Enterprises - N.O.S., Reproduction, and Replacement Chrysler Parts
Communication was slow - or we can call it old school
As stated price was $18 and shipping was $4 - which is very fair
Ordered on Feb 18th (some delay before I was contacted with shipping) and it arrived on the 27th.
Overall I am very happy - haven't installed it yet. I am sure it is a few grams lighter and the manifold side hole is larger - but looks good.
I would say - solid transaction and I would buy from again - thanks Bill Rolik (and Daves66valiant)

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

-
Back