66 Cuda has paint!

-

catsncudas

Moparholic
Reaction score
The car got painted Friday. Gets a final buff and the front and rear glass reinstalled and she's coming home:cheers:

Then the fun part starts. Putting her back together.

paint3Small.jpg

paint2Small.jpg

paint1Small.jpg

Nice
It´s looking great.
I bet you can´t wait to get started with assembly.

I'll post more/better pics when I get it home. Bucky and Travis Hess do amazing work. I gotta dig up some before pics that show the rust, 40 years of wear, etc. This is the wife's car, so short of getting everything set up and tuned, I won't get to drive it:sad2:

Thats looking fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more as you get further along. And like Mullinax said man is that white! Keep the pics coming!!!

Looks nice! Question? Is it going to have a vinyl top? I can't recall seeing a roof like that...not that I've seen a lot of 66 cudas.

Aloha!

Wow !! I was getting ready to go to bed =P~know I see this fine 66 barracuda.:cheers:

Looking GREAT!!! I cant wait to see your car dun

Looks good don't it Badawg :happy10:

Nice!! Makes me want to start taking my Dart apart. toolmanmike

Dfnsmn 34, yes it is a factory vinyl top. It's in really good shape, just dusty right now.

bb66cuda, it's real close to the factory white. The car's modified, so an exact match wasn't absolutely necessary.

Dfnsmn 34, yes it is a factory vinyl top. It's in really good shape, just dusty right now.

bb66cuda, it's real close to the factory white. The car's modified, so an exact match wasn't absolutely necessary.
How rare is the factory vinyl? My 66 roof line doesn't look right and now I wonder if someone removed a vinyl top at one time or another.

Not sure how rare it is. The buildsheet code for vinyl top is 306, but I'm not sure if it's listed on the fender tag.

There is rear chrome trim where the top ends, too. Can't remember exactly how it attaches, but I'll get a pic soon.

With chrome bumpers, red taillamps, badges....when it's done, it's really gonna pop & turn heads! Nice work!!

Very, very nice. The stripes look great and that white is really bright. Can't wait to see her all finished and gleaming in the sunlight. Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

-
Back