66 Cuda slant 6 for 289 Ford Possible???

-
Just wondering my slant crapped and i have a 289 laying around.thanks

probably dont want to tell anyone around here about putting a ford in.....but hey now days, you gotta do what you gotta do.

and i have no clue what it would take to put one in, probably more money than it would be to buy another running six.

more work then its worth. you may not like some of the other comments. prepare yourself, and good luck.

I'm not going to comment on the ford-in-a-mopar side of this swap, but I will say that you'd probably make just as much power with a worn out slant as you would with a 289. They are turds, and the slant is way more reliable.
-Tim

iwould take that deal if i were u u will never be able to take that car to a mopar show and open the hood

289's can get a good penny.....I would say that you could sell that for enough to get two 318's. Heck I would almost give you one if you wouldn't do it.

Its your car,do what you want to it.But prepare for alot of work to put the 289 in it.A SB Mopar or yet another /6 would be alot easier .Good luck !

Motor mounts and tranny mount everything else shouldn't be that big of a deal. You could even use the mopar ignition system with a little splicing here and there. Go with a slant radiator and the upper hose will be no problem, lower hose won't even be an issue. Distributer placement will be the main give away if it is dressed up like a mopar.

For all the effort to install a 289 v8 and trans, driveshaft mods, exhaust, etc. I would rebuild the slant or get a good running engine and swap it.

I did the reverse in high school. 67 ford f150 short bed with a blown motor. I made some motor mounts, dropped in a 225 /6 and trans. floor auto shift, Stock Mopar drive shaft bolted up to the diff and I used the ford wiring. It ran great!

well a ford is better then a chevy in a mopar,,ive seen that too,,,,the ford is probably smaller in size then a 273,,

I got blasted a few years back when I talked about my Ford 5 speed swap in my 65 Barracuda. My A-833 locked up in 4th so I mounted a spare T5 behind the 318. My 7 1/4 broke so I installed a 65 Bronco 9" I had laying around. And, I'm a 65/66 mustang guy, so I mounted a stock 65 mustang driveshaft in between the trans and rear end, perfect fit. I have Ford engine laying around but I still rebuilt the Mopar engine. No one can see the Ford parts without close inspection. I wouldn't feel right having a 289 under the hood. My experience, it will be cheaper and easier to install a Mopar engine.

In my 66 Mustang, I have a Viper T56, made my own adapters.

Just all the extra work to pull the 289 in is not worth the stress A small block v8 drops in slam dunk !!!!! Or better yet I'll buy your 66 cuda ???

A 289 Ford???!!! You have gotta be kidding me. Why not sell the 289 and buy a Mopar motor to put in it??

At the end of the day, it's you're car-but IMO it would be a headache...

-
Back