66 Dart Owners thread

-
indeed it is a kick in the pants to drive TMM!! sorry i havent reported back in a few weeks. Cruiser3042, i saw your post and thought in my head, "FINALLY! someone else has the genius idea to use an 80s "fuzz" motor!!!" i love mine! its so snappy and has plenty of poop to get my 66 to go down the road in a hurry. one of the best 100 bucks i ever spent, and i got the trans, rear axle, front spindles, calipers, rotors, and prop valve too!
Ha ha
Kudos too u.
I laugh and tell everyone my car is a 66,65,75,85,87,91 Dodge dart. Lovingly assembled true rat rod style. Heck some of the parts i made myself. Personally i believe anyone can max out a credit card. All u get is a shiny car without a soul. My ride isnt pretty. But it hauls butt for what it is. Sounds mean ,starts everytime whether its cold or hot and i drive it everyday on base to work. Everyone gets a big kick out of it... Thats what its all about

Ha ha
Kudos too u.
I laugh and tell everyone my car is a 66,65,75,85,87,91 Dodge dart. Lovingly assembled true rat rod style. Heck some of the parts i made myself. Personally i believe anyone can max out a credit card. All u get is a shiny car without a soul. My ride isnt pretty. But it hauls butt for what it is. Sounds mean ,starts everytime whether its cold or hot and i drive it everyday on base to work. Everyone gets a big kick out of it... Thats what its all about

my thoughts exactly. i cant tell you how many people have come up to me and tell me stories of how they had a 66 when they were younger, my landlords sister being one of them, he doesnt let tennants have very many cars, and actually got peeved at my neighbor when he towed an old beat up chebbie into the "hood" but the day i brought my dart home, he was all smiles and talked about how much his sister and himself loved her 66, he has a 65 barracuda sitting in his shop, original v8 auto car, two 62 imps (ones a 2 door), a 68 imp, a 69 imp, five 74-75 new yorkers, 3 of them are 2 doors, a late 60s fury, and a WWII era military powerwagon ambulance, thats his plow rig. lol.

Great thread toolmanmike! So many beautiful cars in here. I'm new to the MOPAR family, but by no means new to building cars and trucks. Through some good old fashioned horse trading I wound up with this straight and mostly complete, but disassembled 66Dart GT. I missed out on purchasing a 69 GTS 340 several years ago and always regretted it, so when the opportunity came up for this GT I jumped on it. I am putting a little bit of a twist on it though, I am using the front sheetmetal from a 66 Valiant instead of the Dart tin. I think it will make a very cool and different car. Here is some pics of her. The first is the day I got her, and the others are after my buddy and I hung the Valiant tin just to see how it looks. I really like it, and am hoping to be behind the wheel this summer. I'll post more pics as I progress with the build. Glad to see I am in good company. :)

Attachments

• 2012-12-30 17.02.56.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 774
  • 2012-12-30 17.01.44.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 776
  • 2012-12-30 17.03.26.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 785
  • 2012-10-27 14.18.34.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 779
my thoughts exactly. i cant tell you how many people have come up to me and tell me stories of how they had a 66 when they were younger, my landlords sister being one of them, he doesnt let tennants have very many cars, and actually got peeved at my neighbor when he towed an old beat up chebbie into the "hood" but the day i brought my dart home, he was all smiles and talked about how much his sister and himself loved her 66, he has a 65 barracuda sitting in his shop, original v8 auto car, two 62 imps (ones a 2 door), a 68 imp, a 69 imp, five 74-75 new yorkers, 3 of them are 2 doors, a late 60s fury, and a WWII era military powerwagon ambulance, thats his plow rig. lol.
Well that is the kind of story we all love and quite frankly is the fuel for all of us. I do love telling the story of my car and enjoy hearing old timers talking about how they remember how fancy the 60s cars are compaired to the 50s and 40s era cars of there day. I guess the same applies for us now in this day. Thank you for your story and i hope u have a great day.

heres mine 66 GT Convert. Its a 225 auto going to covert it to a 318, hopefully by spring.

Well that is the kind of story we all love and quite frankly is the fuel for all of us. I do love telling the story of my car and enjoy hearing old timers talking about how they remember how fancy the 60s cars are compaired to the 50s and 40s era cars of there day. I guess the same applies for us now in this day. Thank you for your story and i hope u have a great day.

you as well, thanks! 1966gtdartman you want a shopping list of goods youll need for the conversion?

Great thread toolmanmike! So many beautiful cars in here. I'm new to the MOPAR family, but by no means new to building cars and trucks. Through some good old fashioned horse trading I wound up with this straight and mostly complete, but disassembled 66Dart GT. I missed out on purchasing a 69 GTS 340 several years ago and always regretted it, so when the opportunity came up for this GT I jumped on it. I am putting a little bit of a twist on it though, I am using the front sheetmetal from a 66 Valiant instead of the Dart tin. I think it will make a very cool and different car. Here is some pics of her. The first is the day I got her, and the others are after my buddy and I hung the Valiant tin just to see how it looks. I really like it, and am hoping to be behind the wheel this summer. I'll post more pics as I progress with the build. Glad to see I am in good company. :)

Glad you stopped by. Love the Valiant front on the Dart rear. The first one of these I saw was in about 1971 when a guy pulled into a gas station I was working at with a 64 Dart front on a Valiant rear. I owned a 65 Dart at the time. It will be fun to watch your car progress. tmm

If you own a 66 Dart please respond to this post. There seems to be a lot of us here lately. Post your favorite photo of your car too. toolmanmike

I bought a 66" Dodge Dart 270 4-dr this summer at an estate sale that runs great, only 80K miles on it. I am new to this site. How do I post a picture of it?
Purchased in Portland, OR and water tight. Never been in an accident. Thanks

I bought a 66" Dodge Dart 270 4-dr this summer at an estate sale that runs great, only 80K miles on it. I am new to this site. How do I post a picture of it?
Purchased in Portland, OR and water tight. Never been in an accident. Thanks

At the bottom of the reply to thread page is a upload photos box. Click on that and go. I'll check back later. I have a meeting in a few minutes. Welcome to FABO and we will look foreward to seeing your 66. toolmanmike

Wow, Your Dart looks pretty serious! I see your previous post. Tell us more! tmm

long story, ran car last two year with 440/727 best time was 10.83@122. was going to go tube a arm coil over route but when we got into it we discovered how bad the frame was. next option was to front clip the car.my son who drives the car came up with the idea of taking a tube chassis and do a front clip that way.we got very lucky and found a chassis for a good price.so far its worked out really well, very happy with the way its coming together.if all goes well should be at Monster Mopar in Indy.

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 675
getting close. hope to be running by early may. how do u rotate pic. mine never come up right.

Attachments

• photo-25.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 593
I use paint to rotate them. Paint is a program already on your computer. Start, all programs, accessories, Paint. Depending what version you have, click the open tab in the upper left. Then open and search for the photo you want to use, double click it onto the screen. Then click on the rotate/resize tab and rotate 90*. Then click back to the open tab and save as. You will already have a photo named the same so to replace it click yes and your shot will be straight and saved. Sounds like a lot but real easy once you do it a couple times. tmm

toolman thanks for trying to help but all pics are taken with my phone then e mailed to my tablet. will have car up and running before i figure out how to f:prayer:lip pics on this thing.

Darned computers! LOL Here you go..................

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 614
  • photo-25.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 539
I just purchased a 1966 GT in west Texas with 34000 miles. It has a 273/Auto in it. Im the second owner.

I just purchased a 1966 GT in west Texas with 34000 miles. It has a 273/Auto in it. Im the second owner.

Awesome!
Post up some pictures.

Was it in Canyon, TX? I saw one posted on craigslist a while back.
I picked mine up in Amarillo,TX.

Welcome DirtyDart. Post up some pics when you get a chance. toolmanmike

-
Back