66 Dart Owners thread

-
Does anyone know if there are repro consoles for a 1966 dodge dart convertible three speed auto on the floor car???
Thanks.

pyrojim

I don't think they repop any parts for the 1966 Dart. You might want to post in the "Cars and Car Parts Wanted" section that you are looking for a console.
Alan

I know that console's stayed the same for a couple years. 66 was the first year for that console.

Btw, laysons restorations makes a lot of stuff for our early cars, just good luck dealing with them. I've only had issues in the past.

Does anyone know if there are repro consoles for a 1966 dodge dart convertible three speed auto on the floor car???
Thanks.
It seems to me that someone repopped the front 4 speed plate but I don't remember seeing any automatic ones. As long as you're not looking for a mint console, I see used ones all the time in the classifieds here and on E-bay.

Rick@laysons on here is the way to go in dealing with them or go to a major show and buy the stuff right at their booth. They have some great early A-body parts.

I know that console's stayed the same for a couple years. 66 was the first year for that console.
'66-8 are the same. The '69-76 consoles will work also but don't have the groove running down the center of the upper plates.

You've done such a great job with her Scott. She really scats! Nice shot with her fronts up in the air. tmm

I picked this one up this past weekend. It's a 66 Dart, 170 slant, 3 speed, radio and heater delete car. It does have a aftermarket heater. I is wrecked in the front, but has a pair of replacement fenders, grill, and hood.

Attachments

• 019 (550x412).jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 564
  • 020 (550x412).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 541
  • 022 (550x412).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 023 (550x412).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 556
  • 024 (550x412).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 026 (550x412).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 566
Looks like fun to me! Nice score. except for the front end damage, it looks like it's in pretty good shape. That aftermarket heater is pretty cool. Thanks for posting and keep us informed on your progress. tmm

Looks like fun to me! Nice score. except for the front end damage, it looks like it's in pretty good shape. That aftermarket heater is pretty cool. Thanks for posting and keep us informed on your progress. tmm
The damage is all replaceable parts. I can't find any sway in the underhood. There is no damage to the core support or inner fenders.

Here's a photo for Kurt who just PM'd me. He was asking about the red paint or coating on the 66 Dart GT taillight panel. Anyone know what it was originially?
It looks transparent like it is candy apple or anodized. tmm

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 521
  • 021.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 527
Thanks.
don't remember if any one answered your question but the 66 console (automatic base) is the same as the 67 68 for sure. I think the top plate has a stripe running through it in one (66) year and not in the later years or I've got it backwards "AGAIN". I used the 68 top plate on my other 66 because the woodgrain was gone and it just looked smoother than the crusty 66 one had. but it's basically the same part function wise.

Here's a photo for Kurt who just PM'd me. He was asking about the red paint or coating on the 66 Dart GT taillight panel. Anyone know what it was originially?
It looks transparent like it is candy apple or anodized. tmm

THANKS toolmanmike|
now I have ta look at that a while to decide if I want that added to mine with the LED setup.. that might just work and give the car a later look. sort of like the race track thingy going on with the new chargers. hmmmmm back lighting that'd be a bear but!!!!!......now to find a tail panel to play with and test things out.
THANKS agian new ideas to play with :cheers:

Original D/Dart

Attachments

• SAM_0902.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 514
  • DDart Trans AM.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 501
Nice! Real Nice! Real Damn Nice! I need one of those. tmm

I just picked up a 66 gt blue with a white vynal top, 273 carter 4bbl red engine with black and chrome valve covers its an auto car and has 2.5 inch single exhaust. The car has disc breaks and a square vacuum box that sits on the inner fender. Does anyone know what type of dart this is? I haven't been able to find another 66 dart with the vacuum box. any info would be great thanks.

That's the factory power brake setup they used.

I just picked up a 66 gt blue with a white vynal top, 273 carter 4bbl red engine with black and chrome valve covers its an auto car and has 2.5 inch single exhaust. The car has disc breaks and a square vacuum box that sits on the inner fender. Does anyone know what type of dart this is? I haven't been able to find another 66 dart with the vacuum box. any info would be great thanks.

Sounds like a nice one. We like photos! tmm

here's some photos, sorry for the bad lighting i will try to get some better pics up soon.

Attachments

• picture041.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 470
  • picture042.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 431
  • picture043.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 452
That box is the vacuum reservoir for the funky Kelsey Hayes brake booster that year. Sounds like a well optioned Dart GT.

do you have any idea what the motor hp would be? Was the brake booster just because the car had power brakes or does it mean the motor had a cam so it couldn't create enough vacuum for the brakes on its own?

-
Back